PDA

View Full Version : A pat on the back for our members

Ross
02-20-2007, 07:17 PM
The past few weeks I've tried to get some information (futily) from another automotive forum. The lack of expertise among some members and the pomposity of others makes me appreciate the fine group here.
Some other forums are little more than shrines and some of the responses given to mechanical questions appear to be from someone who has never lifted his hood but has gleaned all his "experience" while seated before a keyboard.
The pros and guys with lots of hands on experience here make this board really good. As well as all the smart asses that make it entertaining.
Thanks all, you're the best.

GoldenOne
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
hooray for us!

Denton
02-20-2007, 08:28 PM
someone who has never lifted his hood but has gleaned all his "experience" while seated before a keyboard.

You rang? :D

mattyb
02-21-2007, 07:14 AM
sweet pic D. your right Ross, this is truly a uniquie and very special place.

DanDombrowski
02-21-2007, 07:31 AM
I hear what you're saying. Go to any forum based on a japanese import, and the misinformation is astonishing.

Jon K
02-21-2007, 07:38 AM
The past few weeks I've tried to get some information (futily) from another automotive forum. The lack of expertise among some members and the pomposity of others makes me appreciate the fine group here.
Some other forums are little more than shrines and some of the responses given to mechanical questions appear to be from someone who has never lifted his hood but has gleaned all his "experience" while seated before a keyboard.
The pros and guys with lots of hands on experience here make this board really good. As well as all the smart asses that make it entertaining.
Thanks all, you're the best.

Stay off Roadfly ;)

Digita1 Ecstasy
02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Stay off Roadfly ;)

Dunno about the rest but they have a good Detailing forum.

Spasso
02-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I haven't been here that long but it is the first place I come because of the resident knowledge and helpfulness from everyone. The attitudes and egos seem to be at a minimum which makes it easier to enjoy the BMW side of things.

BTW, WHO THE H*LL IS WINFRED?:p:p

Alpinewhite
02-21-2007, 05:39 PM
I am glad I found this place.

cybereclipse
02-21-2007, 08:27 PM
same here........