PDA

View Full Version : Serious Idling problem E34 M20

bal3056
04-30-2004, 12:19 AM
I have a serious idling problem with my M20 Auto. I had sent my car for a complete respray and in order to paint the engine bay area, the battery had to be taken out for about 10 days before the painters had it fitted back.

The problem is I've been having very erratic idling problems, made worst by the auto trans which when you engage D or R, the engine stalls. Never ever happened before the respray.

Many workshops here told me to leave it alone for a couple of days and it will settle down (memory auto reset). In my case, it's been a week and it seems to be getting worst.

I changed to the 4-electrode Bosch plugs thinking it to be the problem, but no. I will now change it back to the recommended ones, Bosch W8LCR (seems to be better).

What can I do to rectify this idling problem. Please help.

BTW, the AFM as well as the ICV was taken out too during that time.

H Mayer
Malaysia

winfred
04-30-2004, 08:35 AM
loosing the memory won't really affect the running that much, unless you have some serious modifications to the motor that need to be adjusted for. id start by looking for vacuum leaks, then look at the adjustment of the throttle plate, make sure that it's not holding open and not clicking the throttle position switch, which turns on the idle circuit