PDA

View Full Version : E36 - Power Windows problem

night_ranger
02-20-2007, 07:11 AM
1993 - Problem started with drivers power window sometimes worked with smooth operation and when it did not the power button you could here a click. (at this point pass window worked fine)

(1 - checked all fuses

(2 - removed door panel and ensured that power connector was plugged in good.

(3 - after re-installing door panel - now both windows do not function and i hear no clicking at all from the power buttons. (Central locking has also gone on the blink during this issue...)

(4 - I found several entries on the "comfort relay" - went to the $tealer and bought and replaced the "comfort relay" but this did not resolve anything.
Re-checked all fuses - they are good

Is there some sort of master reset for the power windows - like a circuit breaker other than the comfor relay??

looked at the wiring diagram and i only see the comfort relay.

any help is much appreciated

night_ranger
02-20-2007, 08:54 PM
resolved - central locking fuse blown which also effected windows on the 325i at least in this case..

Ohtori
03-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Don't forget to set the upper travel limits if you ever disconnect the power by rolling the window up all the way and holding the up button down for 5 seconds to set the upper limit.

I've also been fooled by the window power cut switch on the dash being accidentally turned on. And one time I had the window down all the way, disconnected the battery, and couldn't get the window to roll up. But by disconnecting the connector to the window motor, and reconnecting it while pressing the window switch got it all working again, and reset the upper limit. It must default that the window is fully closed when power is applied.