PDA

View Full Version : Brake LT Circuit Problem

535Bimmer92
02-19-2007, 06:30 PM
I was driving around and the message came on the dash board "Brake LT Circuit" came on the dash. Wasn't sure what it was so i kept driving. When i got back i noticed that my brake lights were not going on. Called the Previous owner to see if he knew what was wrong. He said that it used to happen to him but he could jsut shut the car off and it would rest and go back to normal.

Went out and tried that and still they were out. Now i don't know if it just a freak thing it is a very cold night where i am so what do you think i should do?

stilljester
02-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Start by replacing / testing the brake light switch

RickyBimmer
02-19-2007, 06:44 PM
I was driving around and the message came on the dash board "Brake LT Circuit" came on the dash. Wasn't sure what it was so i kept driving. When i got back i noticed that my brake lights were not going on. Called the Previous owner to see if he knew what was wrong. He said that it used to happen to him but he could jsut shut the car off and it would rest and go back to normal.

Went out and tried that and still they were out. Now i don't know if it just a freak thing it is a very cold night where i am so what do you think i should do?

Happened to me at one point and also with my M3. To make a long story short I checked all my lamps for burned out ones. Had one out so I replaced it. Work fine and came up again 2 weeks later. Anyway it continued until I went to BMW dealer and bought GERMAN LAMPS!! Not sure if thats your ticket to the fix but I havent had any problems since. Something about the US made lamps that made my problem reoccurring. Hope this helps.

535Bimmer92
02-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Start by replacing / testing the brake light switch
How would you go about doing that?

shogun
02-19-2007, 07:08 PM
http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_25.htm

bmwrp8
02-20-2007, 11:13 AM
happen to me just change the brake light switch