PDA

View Full Version : Picture of the bimmer :)

Jameseypoo
02-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Here is a picture of my car about 4 months ago and then a picture of it from last night. Sorry about the quality, pictures were taken with my phone.

Alexlind123
02-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I love mpars...

Rick L
02-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Nice rims...! Look much better... :D

filip00
02-19-2007, 10:44 AM
beautiful rims. how much were they?

Denton
02-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Wheels are nice, clears aren't.

CharlesAFerg
02-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Wheels are nice, clears aren't.

agreed, el-cheapo and overused.

Whats with the H1?

I love mpars...

Buy some knucklehead lol

markus
02-19-2007, 11:02 AM
yea where did u get the M pars from? I am looking for a company who makes good replicas and come with everything you need.

VentoGT
02-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I personally like the clears, even on white cars...to each his own I suppose...the tint and the wheels make it look like a completely different car...well done!

Jameseypoo
02-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Somebody parked their H1 next to me at work the other day and thought I would snap a picture. I actually got the rims for around $500 and they included hubcentric rings and chrome lugnuts. They are the staggered 18's. I found a great deal on ebay for them. The tires that he included were way too big and shot so I got four tires on ebay for around $200. After shipping, the wheels and tires ended up being around $800 total. I really like the clear corners and the tint is actually the same as the first picture, just looks black at night time.

Boone.Msi
02-19-2007, 02:17 PM
i like everything except for that sunroof spoiler/wind thing. Pleas remove it;)

e345spd
02-19-2007, 02:23 PM
clear corners make it look wider...=good

BuckNaked
02-19-2007, 06:27 PM
What do you think of the overall ride experience with the bigger wheels?
How does it drive, steer, how does it handle the bumps?
I take it you didn't buy from one of the regular dealers on eBait, private seller?
What were the wheels from, a 7-series?

Nick.Hay
02-19-2007, 07:05 PM
I have clears on my white E34... And I'd never be without them now!! They updated the look of the car, taking years off its age (when sat side-by-side with my Dad's stock, white E34... Mine looks much newer).

My experience with 18in wheels is that, combined with 30mm lower springs, they have killed that soft, lounge-chair ride!! The ride quality is not horrible by any stretch of the imagination... as its still an E34, but you can notice the the quite marked difference between my car and Dads. Steering is more direct, with more 'feel', and the handling feels more responsive than Dad's. I have noticed it tends to 'tramline' pretty badly (ie wide tyres will tend to follow re-surfacing lines in the road, which feels like the steering is wandering a bit.) A 'driver' would notice it, but a regular person wouldn't.

The 18in wheels were a great addition to my car, and with the lowering springs, my car looks really really great (if I do say so myself)!! The trade-off with ride quality was not as horrid as I had envisaged, and if I had a stock E34 again, I'd definitely be putting 18in wheels and lowering spring onto it.

Best of luck, and hop this helps.

BuckNaked
02-19-2007, 07:23 PM
It is getting harder to find 17 inch staggered sets, but 18's are abundant.
The roads here in Western New York are poor on a good day. If I happen upon the right set of t-stars then the point is moot. I am in a position to hold out for what I really want, but the itch to upsize is intense.

Jameseypoo
02-19-2007, 08:41 PM
It is getting harder to find 17 inch staggered sets, but 18's are abundant.
The roads here in Western New York are poor on a good day. If I happen upon the right set of t-stars then the point is moot. I am in a position to hold out for what I really want, but the itch to upsize is intense.

It did take a little time to get used to the 18's, but now I'm glad I did and wouldn't go back

bigtisas
02-19-2007, 11:26 PM
The rim makes a huge difference. Did you lower the car?

Gayle
02-20-2007, 12:10 AM
How dark is your tint?

aston_jag_tech
02-20-2007, 12:24 AM
I know its all about opinions...and I must include mine..wheew...clears dont look hot....:)

Rick L
02-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Where did you purchase your clear corner lens? Are they of good quality? I thought about it but never did since the once from ebay looked cheap...

I have clears on my white E34... And I'd never be without them now!! They updated the look of the car, taking years off its age (when sat side-by-side with my Dad's stock, white E34... Mine looks much newer).

My experience with 18in wheels is that, combined with 30mm lower springs, they have killed that soft, lounge-chair ride!! The ride quality is not horrible by any stretch of the imagination... as its still an E34, but you can notice the the quite marked difference between my car and Dads. Steering is more direct, with more 'feel', and the handling feels more responsive than Dad's. I have noticed it tends to 'tramline' pretty badly (ie wide tyres will tend to follow re-surfacing lines in the road, which feels like the steering is wandering a bit.) A 'driver' would notice it, but a regular person wouldn't.

The 18in wheels were a great addition to my car, and with the lowering springs, my car looks really really great (if I do say so myself)!! The trade-off with ride quality was not as horrid as I had envisaged, and if I had a stock E34 again, I'd definitely be putting 18in wheels and lowering spring onto it.

Best of luck, and hop this helps.

VentoGT
02-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Rick, buy genuine ones. www.abrahamsmotorsport.com

Jameseypoo
02-20-2007, 09:50 AM
The clears are the cheaps ones that were purchased on ebay, but they are a perfect fit and easy to install. I don't have any experience with the clears from abrahams motorsport, but I would definitely recommend the ones that I have (that is if you like clear turn signals). Also, the car still has the same tint as when I bought it. It is a reflective tint (looks black at night time) and I was told that it was actually illegal and that i should get it taken off. I do plan on getting the tint redone at 20% for the sides and back and 35% on the whole front windshield. I have not lowered the car, but I was looking at my wheels the other day and noticed that it had Eibach springs so it may be slightly lowered, I'm not really sure though.

VentoGT
02-21-2007, 08:31 AM
It is a reflective tint (looks black at night time) and I was told that it was actually illegal and that i should get it taken off. I do plan on getting the tint redone at 20% for the sides and back and 35% on the whole front windshield.

Just a guess, but if reflective tint is illegal in your state, 99% chance that you can't have any tint darker than 35% anywhere and tinting your windshield is almost always illegal [not to mention dangerous]. I have 20% all around on my car [none on the windshield], all you have to do is roll your window all the way down if/when you are pulled over, be polite to the cop, and its almost never an issue.

Jameseypoo
02-21-2007, 11:38 AM
In my old car I had 5% all the way around and 35% on the whole front windshield and I loved it, a little too dark though. Also, I plan on moving to Arizona this summer and I hear they are much more lenient on window tint

Qube
02-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Clears are definitely nice. I usually keep the 'parking' lights on when I drive (and halos) so it gives a slight orange tinge... offsetting any garish clear white look.