PDA

View Full Version : "Brake Linings" message bypass?

Jon K
02-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey guys - I just replaced rotors/pads (Balo and Hawk HPS) and I didn't buy pad sensors because I don't plan on running them any more. I check my brakes (replace wheels/tires/pads) often enough that it's not a concern of mine to have it ding at me (never has, as I always maintain the vehicle). Simply leaving them out of the installation has set of "brake linings" warning. Wondering if putting a resistor on the wires or something? I could ohm out the old sensors but they're home @ the garage. Wondering if anyone knows anything off the top of their head.

stilljester
02-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Just twist the wires together.

Jon K
02-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Good deal. I may one-up the quality of that and make a "plug" from the old sensor(s).

TC535i
02-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Yup, just need to loop the system. Same thing with a bad washer fluid sensor, coolant level sensor, etc.

gale
02-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Just twist the wires together.

Ditto. My rear pad sensor set off the message on a roadtrip & rudely locked out all other OBC displays in the cluster, so I stripped the ends of the sensor leads & twisted them together, knowing I would safely make it back home without the pads & rotor going metal on metal. Come to think of it, I never did go back & put a new sensor in -- maybe I should put that on my "things to do before I die" list. I keep running across the new sensors amidst the junk on the top of my workbench.