PDA

View Full Version : collected the 91 e34 525i i bought a few weeks ago

cooljules
02-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Hired a trailer and collected it...

There was a huge accident which closed both ways of the motorway so had to find a long detour, like everyone else....meant i was late, then meant on the way home i was in rush hour traffic..ok the trailer hire placed closed at 5pm, and i made it with 2 min to spare hahah...took off the car and left it there

Anyway drive to the car, in my touring and drove home the new car, like i said before, it was overheating acc to the previous owner...but he never let it go in the red.

7am drive, no traffic and about 3 miles from my house, few lights at red...

I noticed, the car temp gauge got to bang middle in aboiut 4 minutes....nothing like the age it takes with my other 2 cars....

I didnt have time to have a good look around until now

the display led says low coolant, yet its full...could be a connection, i took the car for another drive just now, started fine, took it around the block and warmed up v v quick, in 5 minutes....stopped and had a feel at the hoses, both are stone cold, lower doesnt feel like water in.

the guy didnt know how to bleed it properly and he presumed and was told the water pump had failed, and as i have a 100mile only new metal impelloer on my damaged 520 and a new viscous coupling fan im gonna chane em...

brake lining warning came on, they all look ok..

changed gear fine (auto) ticked over fine.....

the windscreen has 3 chips, and all steamny at the bottom, but i can change that off the other.

cheap/badly fitted tinted window films, is it easy to take off, or should i just change windows?

the carf has stiff susp, i went over the same speed bumps as i do in my 525 touring and nearly broke my back.

i checked the oil didpstick, no sludge...

looked unter the filler cap and the slightest...ok could be condensation, inside cant see any, just a tiny bit on the cap itself.

Now the idea was, to take the bits off my damaged 520i, put em on the 525i and sell my touring....but now....has anyone got a e34 touring (met red mine) and made em look cool????? and also the handling.....off the damaged car, i have front clear and side lenses and a diff grill as on my 96 touring...but black not red

heres some pics of my cars.

first car with 5 spoke is the new 525i, 170k miles, i paid £355
2nd car is the susp damaged 520i, oh i just removed the M3 wing mirrors to put on the 525i
3rd is my 525i touring, 275k fsh both cars cost me £600, all 3 off ebay

any replies are welcome....like should i save up and change the heads from the 520 to the 525?

I wanted to use the black 525i as my main drive to and from Germany many times a year and use that, then sell the red touring once the black car is fixed and reliable

cheers