PDA

View Full Version : anyone have wood interior?

Kulasstar
02-16-2007, 06:49 PM
does anyone have pics of a 34 with wood interior
i want to install some but i want to see it first.
or if anyone has a bad experience with them id like to hear why?

thanks in advance

gale
02-16-2007, 08:19 PM
No pic's but I do have a brand new full set of aftermarket door & dash panel wood inserts (minus the shift console) burled walnut with high gloss finish. They have fairly thick wood on an aluminum backing. These are not the flimsy shells that go over the existing inserts, they are very nice quality. The existing trim must be removed & these go on with 3M double-sided foam tape.

I bought the set on ebay only for the center panel and will never use the door/dash trim. I can take pic's if you're interested.

Sample:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/burled1.jpg

Alexlind123
02-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I will take pics for you tomorrow when its light. I have been thinking about taking interior shots for awhile now, but i always thought that a wide angle lens would be better for that. Anyways, i will ses what i can do.

Gayle
02-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Nice Gale.

My car has original wood trim. Because it lived its early life in a cold climite, the temperature changed caused hair line cracks to develop in the laquer. Like one long crack per trim piece. I don't notice it but it bothered the prior owner.

At some point in my cars life, the shift surround had been changed, and the wood didn't match. The shift surround was walnut, while the rest of the trim was burl. That did bug me. I had the indy order me a new one without inquiring about the price. $186. Ouch. The specific wood number is on a piece of paper behind the trim piece to the left of the steering wheel in an american car.

The walnut one that came out is for sale. It is in good shape and has no cracks if I remember correctly. If anyone is interested in buying it, make me an offer. I am not trying to get rich on it and have no idea what it should be priced at. I can take a pic and email if you want.

As far as aftermarket trim, I have heard mixed reviews regarding the stick on kind. Your car has to be made for the clip on kind.

LunatiC
02-17-2007, 12:43 AM
I have some shots of my interior (wood grain that has suffered 12 years of harsh Aussie sun), unfortunately not every single shot of the woodgrain.

Some shots here, among others (http://acherion.com/blog/?p=59).

Gale, that shot of the shifter surround is gorgeous. Mine is quite faded and scuffed, I was wondering if I could polish it or wax it or something, would anyone know if this is possible or is the veneer too thin?

Also, anyone know what the difference is between burl and walnut? I'm not sure what I have and I don't feel like pulling apart my interior to find out.