PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason why after my brakes and gaskets were done my radio would ask

megcoss
02-16-2007, 05:52 PM
a code? I should have sent it to BMW because ever since I sent it for some basic work, my dash led displays are intermittant and my radio is asking for a code which I don't have. Any help appreciated.

Ross
02-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Battery was disconnected or let to run down.

Dave M
02-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Maybe the shop read the repair manual which always states "disconnect the negative battery cable before attempting any repair"..........even brakes :D

Either way, you need to get the code for the stock head unit from the dealer. Some report being provided the # for free IF the employee is in a good mood.

Good luck wid it,

Dave

Spice Boy
02-16-2007, 07:58 PM
take it out and look on the unit itself, in some cases its written on the casing :)

John B.
02-17-2007, 09:13 AM
I just had to recode the radio in our Touring after changing batteries. The code listed in the manual didn't work so I pulled the radio & found a different serial number from the original one listed on the code card. Called the service guy at the local dealership, gave him the serial number & he gave me the code over the phone. He said BMW had a lot of problems with these radios so he wasn't surprised it had been changed. I was surprised he gave me the code over the phone but it saved me a 1 hour drive.