PDA

View Full Version : Need pix of 6 disc changer mount bracket??

Booster
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey guys and girls....
I'm needing to see some images of the disc changers mount or brackets from the trunk. I can't ever seem to find a used one for sale so I've decided to fabricate a nice one from scratch. I bought my car with the changer,but the PO couldn't locate the part.:(
So......anyone ??:)
Thanks........Vinny

BMWCCA1
02-15-2007, 06:05 PM
So......anyone ??:) Which one do you have? Pioneer or Alpine?

Booster
02-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Which one do you have? Pioneer or Alpine?

I guess I did miss posting that tidbit ?!:p Its an ALPINE unit.Good question. I had posted this on another forum but have had little response there.
Perhaps I should have tried here first ?;)
........Vinny

takumidrift30
02-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey guys and girls....
I'm needing to see some images of the disc changers mount or brackets from the trunk. I can't ever seem to find a used one for sale so I've decided to fabricate a nice one from scratch. I bought my car with the changer,but the PO couldn't locate the part.:(
So......anyone ??:)
Thanks........Vinny

I hope this would help, just let me know if I have to pull it down.

Booster
02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
OK ! Right on......THANK YOU.:D I have a visual in mind to move forth with ! Great. Certainly easy enough to fabb.
Cheers........V'

Russell
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
ebay has several changers for sale with brackets. Mostly alpine. The alpine unit had a long squarish shaped bracket and the pioneer changer used a odd 2 piece unit that I think can be used for the alpine changer as well.

first picture is the alpine changer in with cover from ebay for an e36
Second picture is 1/2 of the pioneeer changer bracket fastened to the deck lid. The lower part fits to the changer. This is my car.

Russell
02-15-2007, 06:54 PM
That has no shock mounting to absorb bumps. There must be serval brackets used over the years. Mine is different.

Dave M
02-15-2007, 07:04 PM
For something a bit different, check this archived post (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13020). I'm very happy with it. It plays in both the upright and 'flat' positions without skipping.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/cd_mount_2.jpg

Dave

Booster
02-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Now how handy is that cool idea ?:D I may have to look into this.Hmmm.
If someone knows of anyone with a NON working changer ....see if they'd let go of the mounts ?
Thanks.........Vinny

KenB
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
here's one

Phatty5BMW
02-15-2007, 10:05 PM
I dont have a factory changer but the bracket is mounted and looks different than all of yours lol :)

BMWCCA1
02-15-2007, 11:03 PM
The Alpine bracket has a top plate that slides into two brackets that bolt to the side of the changer. They are mated with two screws in tabs at the front. You can use a shock-mount bracket to mount the Alpine top plate to but it isn't necessary. I've drilled holes in the top plate and screwed it to the under-shelf trunk panel, slid the unit in and attached the two tab screws. Done. It might be easier to show us a photo of what you do have. I'm pretty sure you must have some of the mounting parts still attached to your changer.

Here's the Alpine with it's top plate, mounted to the BMW shock mount:
http://i21.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/89/3c/bb53_1.JPG
and here's a picture of the shock mount kit from BMW and BMP (same for both Alpine and Pioneer changers):
http://www.bavauto.com/assets/imglib500/65129059415.jpg

Booster
02-16-2007, 10:32 AM
The Alpine bracket has a top plate that slides into two brackets that bolt to the side of the changer. They are mated with two screws in tabs at the front. You can use a shock-mount bracket to mount the Alpine top plate to but it isn't necessary. I've drilled holes in the top plate and screwed it to the under-shelf trunk panel, slid the unit in and attached the two tab screws. Done. It might be easier to show us a photo of what you do have. I'm pretty sure you must have some of the mounting parts still attached to your changer.

Here's the Alpine with it's top plate, mounted to the BMW shock mount:
http://i21.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/89/3c/bb53_1.JPG
and here's a picture of the shock mount kit from BMW and BMP (same for both Alpine and Pioneer changers):
http://www.bavauto.com/assets/imglib500/65129059415.jpg

I wish my camera wasn't acting up.......:( I'd show you what I've got. To explain it ....I've just got the smooth changer body (no brackets at all).
These are great pix to go by though,thanks for them.I am possibly in hopes of someone finding a real one by chance ?:)
Wouldn't that save the day ? lol.

Russell
02-16-2007, 04:59 PM
This is what I have. It came with the used BMW-Pioneer changer I bought when the Alpine crapped out..

Booster
02-16-2007, 05:22 PM
This is what I have. It came with the used BMW-Pioneer changer I bought when the Alpine crapped out..

Was there a pix that went with that statement Russlle ?;)
Is there a spare you'd like to sell me perhaps ?:)
...........V'

Russell
02-16-2007, 06:10 PM
see my other post (had pictures) as well as others that had pictures. No spares. I was lucky to get the changer mount I have. Can you get one from the dealer or Bravauto or BMA? I think they only cost about $40.

Booster
02-16-2007, 07:15 PM
see my other post (had pictures) as well as others that had pictures. No spares. I was lucky to get the changer mount I have. Can you get one from the dealer or Bravauto or BMA? I think they only cost about $40.

Hmmm, I didn't even think they were still available to check ?:p

Dave M
02-16-2007, 07:33 PM
OK, I'm pretty sure I tossed my mount ( ;) ) when I stuffed the changer in the armrest, but I'll check the garage on the way out tonight.

Dave

onZedge
02-17-2007, 11:20 AM
I have that Pioneer unit pictured above which came from my '88 M3. The mounting fixture however, consists of two simple L-brackets, each about 150mm long. This changer does not require an additional shock mount. It has it's own suspension system built in which is configurable for horizontal or vertical mounting. I'm sure your Alpine unit has this feature as well.

Booster
02-17-2007, 11:29 AM
I have that Pioneer unit pictured above which came from my '88 M3. The mounting fixture however, consists of two simple L-brackets, each about 150mm long. This changer does not require an additional shock mount. It has it's own suspension system built in which is configurable for horizontal or vertical mounting. I'm sure your Alpine unit has this feature as well.

I think you may be right . I was looking at the case of the unit last nite and noticed some index marks on the side.Perhaps for horizontal and verticle configurations ?
IIRC....the model was like cdl mx91 ? or something close to this.Although I didn't actually see a brand name...just that it was made in New Jersey for BMW of North America.
Dave....I measured everything last nite ,considering your armrest idea.....Your changer opens on the long side...mine on the shorter end. SO I'd have to do it at the front end of the armrest...pointing toward the driver/passenger.....not a bad thing at all.
But the dimensions are pretty darn tight to pull this off with this unit.:(

Russell
02-17-2007, 12:16 PM
may not be. But I would check, especailly with BMA. For example, they just got me the plastic seatbelt cover on my rear seat back in correct interior color.

Kalevera
02-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Vinny, I have a bracket (still mounted to the CD changer though) --

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=30554