PDA

View Full Version : Please excuse my ignorance

Boom n Zoom
02-14-2007, 07:23 PM
I am looking for the location of the Gearbox ECU and the Gearbox chip to get the Bosch Numbers from them.

I have searched here under Gearbox ECU, Gearbox ECU Location, looked through the PDF Bentleys (Section 610-1) which has the locations of fuses and relays along with the E-Box and I cannot find a reference to it. I also looked in the electrical diagrams but my PDF Version is incomplete it stops at 26-EWD (Power Distribution 1994-95 525i & 525i Touring (2 of 5))

I cannot find a reference to the Gearbox ECU or the Gearbox chip neither the location or what the prefix of the numbers would even begin with.

The reson for this is that I am currently in email correspondance with Kevin Bird from Birds Auto in the UK to see if I can get the Hartge 'SwitchLogic' control unit for the 540. It was part of the kit if you upgraded your 540 to an H5 which was a capacity increase to 4.7 Litres (boring out the block from 89mm to 92mm and increasing the stroke from 80mm to 89mm, raised compression ratio from 10.0:1 to 10.5:1, head work (port matching and unshrouding the Valves, camshafts reground (Don't know what the specs are for these) This would bring the power from 286 BHP up to 340 BHP and the Torque from 294lb ft to 361lb ft. The SwitchLogic control unit, upgraded brakes, Hartge 18" Wheels.

There is currently one for sale at Birds (http://www.birdsauto.com)

Specs: 09/93 Build 540ia, Right hand drive, 109,258Kms ESC+TC, LSD, A5S-560Z Transmission.

Cheers!

BillionPa
02-15-2007, 01:11 AM
in the e-box

fukem5
02-15-2007, 02:35 AM
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate ! many fank you for you finding me here my fren. i know u call my shecraterry and I am shorry for u not get back too. I am test driving for goodyear for the new space shuttle tyres for nasha. I did the R & D for this upgrade when i was in UK head hunted by Hartge for dis projek mate. you will find i did test it gooood. i am not bhofered where is all the shtuff mate some otha shmcuk did that part. schitch logic was an idea i fought of when i was making mousaka one day at my nanas and i switched moushaka for chiko rolls being a stupid wig but the worlds finest test driver from bosnia it doesnt matter cause if yiou eat the food i make yo are always cool and good for tha shicky babes 540i or hartge 540i. do not talk otha me my fren i now dismiss youse.

RobPatt
02-15-2007, 04:12 AM
...take the panel off, rm the speaker, should be there, but think hard to access....

I am looking for the location of the Gearbox ECU and the Gearbox chip to get the Bosch Numbers from them.

I have searched here under Gearbox ECU, Gearbox ECU Location, looked through the PDF Bentleys (Section 610-1) which has the locations of fuses and relays along with the E-Box and I cannot find a reference to it. I also looked in the electrical diagrams but my PDF Version is incomplete it stops at 26-EWD (Power Distribution 1994-95 525i & 525i Touring (2 of 5))

I cannot find a reference to the Gearbox ECU or the Gearbox chip neither the location or what the prefix of the numbers would even begin with.

The reson for this is that I am currently in email correspondance with Kevin Bird from Birds Auto in the UK to see if I can get the Hartge 'SwitchLogic' control unit for the 540. It was part of the kit if you upgraded your 540 to an H5 which was a capacity increase to 4.7 Litres (boring out the block from 89mm to 92mm and increasing the stroke from 80mm to 89mm, raised compression ratio from 10.0:1 to 10.5:1, head work (port matching and unshrouding the Valves, camshafts reground (Don't know what the specs are for these) This would bring the power from 286 BHP up to 340 BHP and the Torque from 294lb ft to 361lb ft. The SwitchLogic control unit, upgraded brakes, Hartge 18" Wheels.

There is currently one for sale at Birds (http://www.birdsauto.com)

Specs: 09/93 Build 540ia, Right hand drive, 109,258Kms ESC+TC, LSD, A5S-560Z Transmission.

Cheers!

billy
02-15-2007, 05:14 AM
...take the panel off, rm the speaker, should be there, but think hard to access....

yes its in the footwell

Boom n Zoom
02-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Thank you very much for the location, I am about to go and get the information now.

Much appreciated.

Fukem5: I am sorry that I was unable to get in touch with you, your expertise and knowledge is invaluable. I hope the testing with Goodyear is successful I hope to be able to get in touch with you soon about further projects.

P.S. I guess I must be on a lot of peoples ignore lists here.

*shrug*

Thanks again for the information everyone.

Cheers.

BnZ.