PDA

View Full Version : Help! Got rear-ended, need parts & lower labor rates (N. Cal)

slvre34
02-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Minding my own business at a yield sign and BAM!

Got the repair estimate down to $5000 but they're only giving me a $4500 value on the car, never mind that it's mechanically perfect and I have $15K in it. Salvage value is $484, so I have a $1000 gap to close or the car will be declared a total loss.

In desperate need of: rear bumper cover, trunk assembly with lights and left rear tail lamp. Quotes in the estimate for these are: $426, $312.50 and $149. I need to cut that in half.

Labor rates in the Bay area are $62. I got quoted $54 in Fresno and Visalia and I'm willing to drive there if that's what it takes. Anyone know of better labor rates - at reputable shops - in the central valley (CA) or SoCal?

scott 4991
02-14-2007, 07:55 AM
I happen to have an Alpine white rear bumper that is in excellent shape - was skuffed by a car in a parking lot - insurance replaced the complete bumper - I kept the old one. I'm located in San Jose, and for $50 you can take it.

PM me if interested.

Scott

jackie_huen
02-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Get a Black Trunk from my 95' 530i, it has a small fixable dent on the top corner (a little argument with a small tree.. tree won !)
Paint is good and trunk is straight. I've just swapped out mine with a M5 trunk with spoiler.

Also a whole set of rear lights from 95' 530i, I've just swapped it with a Black Hella Set.

Asking: $225 for trunk and complete lite set. (local pickup)

email me at

jackie_huen at yahoo dot com

They are located in North San Jose.

Minding my own business at a yield sign and BAM!

Got the repair estimate down to $5000 but they're only giving me a $4500 value on the car, never mind that it's mechanically perfect and I have $15K in it. Salvage value is $484, so I have a $1000 gap to close or the car will be declared a total loss.

In desperate need of: rear bumper cover, trunk assembly with lights and left rear tail lamp. Quotes in the estimate for these are: $426, $312.50 and $149. I need to cut that in half.

Labor rates in the Bay area are $62. I got quoted $54 in Fresno and Visalia and I'm willing to drive there if that's what it takes. Anyone know of better labor rates - at reputable shops - in the central valley (CA) or SoCal?

craigmo
02-15-2007, 06:48 PM
I've got some stock tail lights for cheap if you like? I replaced mine with clears. I also have some bumper trim you can have....replaced that with Euro trim a while back.

I'm in Pacifica and work in SSF.

slvre34
02-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Craig,
Thanks for the offer, man! I may take you up on the trim - gotta check the bumper I found. Also found a trunk with lights included. Amazing response from the e34 family. Truth be told, I'd rather replace with clear tails and euro trim but we'll see. I might go ahead and paint the whole thing, as well. Have to see the cost.

Which brings me to this: did you buy your Shadowline kit or did you paint it?

Also, where the heck did you find 850 brakes?! I need some!

Mark

I've got some stock tail lights for cheap if you like? I replaced mine with clears. I also have some bumper trim you can have....replaced that with Euro trim a while back.

I'm in Pacifica and work in SSF.