PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the latest TOP GEAR on TV?

E34-520iSE
02-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Ooo they caused themselves a bit of trouble on their American road trip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWS8gCJOac

Sorry that's the only clip I could find. I did see the whole episode though and thought it was hilarious, like the '0-50-0 or land-in-the-river-with-the-alligators' scene, or Mr. Clarkson arriving on a campsite with a HUUUGE dead cow strapped on the roof. Quality!!

Cheers,

Shaun M

kyleN20
02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
dident watch it only cause we dont get it in the us, but thats was just silly of them, most americans dont like the deep south, and they dont like northerners, let alone slanderous brits. for me the south is just a area in between me and florida

cybereclipse
02-12-2007, 02:35 PM
hahahahahahaha i love top gear
but i live in the usa :-(

Sidney Rough-Diamond
02-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Don't pay to much attention to Top Gear now.It's moved away from being a motoring show, to more of an entertainment show which features cars. Most of the stuff in these road trip/continental races is made up for TV. I have to say though, most of it was pretty damn funny.Looks like someone has uploaded the whole show. Look on Youtube and search for ' Tog gear in america ' or the user name of 'duffman692006'

spyrot1
02-12-2007, 03:35 PM
hahahahahahaha i love top gear
but i live in the usa :-(

Actually, if you have digital cable or satellite you can see it on BBC America. I've seen it a few times, but I always forget what day it's on... :(

Martin in Bellevue
02-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Bittirrent is your friend. http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=top+gear

The episodes on the digital discovery channel are horrible, subtitles from English to 'merican.

Sam-Son
02-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Usually by tuesday night someone will post the entire episode on youtube

SnakeyesTx
02-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Greatest episode... EVAR

www.finalgear.com for those who want a copy of any episode :D

Denton
02-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Won't be finished downloading until morning.

bigtisas
02-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Top Gear is the best car show EVER.

cooljules
02-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Top Gear is the best car show EVER.
i have never laughed sooooooo much in my life, hilarious....funny as hell

CharlesAFerg
02-13-2007, 03:49 AM
He's really biased, I remember the video with all the american cars. I wish I could explain details but it was a long time ago.

I mean it's a great show, but he definately has his choices.

I mean, that's what happens, they aren't very educated, but KYLEN20, it's not true that most americans don't like the deep south.

(In this part of the world, People started to mate with vegetables)
I mean, come on, what kind of a comment is that...

hakwuzhere
02-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Top Gear is the only show I religiously search for on the net... it is by far the best car review show Ive ever seen.. They arent sponsored by car makers... they dont care what people think (like most brits) and the have fun with the cars that they test.... also its got everything that british humor needs, dry humor, making fun of americans, and some fast ass cars. It does kinda bug me that we have no TV shows or magazines that can take their impartial outlook on cars... arent we supposed to be the land of the free? Well then why do all of our review magazines rely on advertising revenue to make money and not give honest opinions of the cars they test?

CharlesAFerg
02-13-2007, 04:08 AM
Top Gear is the only show I religiously search for on the net... it is by far the best car review show Ive ever seen.. They arent sponsored by car makers... they dont care what people think (like most brits) and the have fun with the cars that they test.... also its got everything that british humor needs, dry humor, making fun of americans, and some fast ass cars. It does kinda bug me that we have no TV shows or magazines that can take their impartial outlook on cars... arent we supposed to be the land of the free? Well then why do all of our review magazines rely on advertising revenue to make money and not give honest opinions of the cars they test?

rofl @ land of the free comment, why do people use that in the wrong context all the time? It's like high schoolers cussing in PE class. :D

The show is pretty damn good though, one of my VERY favorites wasn't a fast car at all, it was the toyota truck destruction. Very cool.

hakwuzhere
02-13-2007, 05:14 AM
rofl @ land of the free comment, why do people use that in the wrong context all the time? It's like high schoolers cussing in PE class. :D

The show is pretty damn good though, one of my VERY favorites wasn't a fast car at all, it was the toyota truck destruction. Very cool.

Ok, land of the capitalist :).....

Ross
02-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Funny stuff. I don't think those clowns knew what they were in for.
They ought to have watched Deliverance first.

DanDombrowski
02-13-2007, 10:19 AM
I thought it was funny how "NASCAR sucks" was more offending than "Western Rubbish" or "Hillary for President". At least, that's the way it appeared to me.

Fetch
02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
awesome episode, couldn't have been happier. My favorite episodes are when they buy cars for cheap & have 'challenges' to do with them.

The humor making fun of Americans as a whole was hysterical, you have to admit.

And, yes, people in the deep south have been mating with vegetables.

kyleN20
02-13-2007, 11:37 AM
you a big fan of the deep south? look at those jackasses in the video, im embarassed

Booster
02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
I personally Love Top Gear for its errogance and over the top Brit stabbing.:p
I certainly have thick enough skin to laugh along side most of their digging humor.What else does such a small country thats oppressed with Tax on Tax got to do ??;)
Unfortunatly , the animal and vegtable sex thing......well, lets just recognise, this behaviour is unaceptable ANYWHERE I've ever traveled(stateside or Europe)......but does show its ugly head in EVERY country known to man where the individual person has been left behind from his local family and society to his own devices.NOT specific to any quadrant or contenent.
One of my friends in London once told me....."we just can't quite get over you chaps dumping perfectly good tea into the harbor"....honestly,lol.:D
Then he said....."yes, and that going off on your own business.....the fathers never expected you to MAKE it !(laughing)".
Funny folks. So are we as Americans.AT least we can laugh at ourselves,religions,immigrants,locals,politics etc.....without becoming upset or offended. Aside at least from the liberal whiners who are so sensitive and self focused......also all over the world.Thank God for Majority rule......lol.
.............V'

Fetch
02-13-2007, 12:52 PM
you a big fan of the deep south? look at those jackasses in the video, im embarassed

No dude. *roll eyes*

E34-520iSE
02-13-2007, 01:22 PM
One of my friends in London once told me....."we just can't quite get over you chaps dumping perfectly good tea into the harbour'

Eh? What's that all about?

Cheers,

Shaun M

Fetch
02-13-2007, 01:44 PM

Cheers,

Shaun M

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party

Booster
02-13-2007, 01:53 PM

Cheers,

Shaun M

I take it Shaun, your not on US soil then ?:)

E34-520iSE
02-13-2007, 03:21 PM
I take it Shaun, your not on US soil then ?:)
Hi Booster, I'm in England, UK.

Cheers,
Shaun M

BuckNaked
02-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I just watched the clip with Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason and his Ferrari Enzo. Looks like they went through a fortune in tires on the guy (buy my book). I loved the Koenigsegg and the 253 mph Bugatti Veyron episodes.
Where else can you go for that stuff?

Booster
02-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi Booster, I'm in England, UK.

Cheers,
Shaun M

Oh,hahaha,,,there ya' go then. Maybe thats not mentioed much these days at school ? I don't know.:) It was when I went.....many moons ago.lol.
........V'

LunatiC
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
What I found funny is that they openly admitted that they are a hick town... wtf?!

New Orleans was an eye opener for me... sure I saw it on the news too, but damn after so long and for it to still be in the state it's in now... damn.

Sam-Son
02-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Just saw it last night and it was one of the funniest episodes ever. Kinda made me ashamed to be American. Then I realized we don't have speed cameras and nazi police (except New Jersey)

attack eagle
02-13-2007, 07:17 PM
it's off youtube already. I'm assuming its the february episode. Too bad I lakc the "L33t `net skillz,yo" to use bittorrent.

ME----> big fan of the deep south.

SC David
02-13-2007, 08:50 PM
it's off youtube already. I'm assuming its the february episode. Too bad I lakc the "L33t `net skillz,yo" to use bittorrent.

ME----> big fan of the deep south.Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Too lazy to go through the bittorrent thing right now.

E34-520iSE
02-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Oh,hahaha,,,there ya' go then. Maybe thats not mentioed much these days at school ? I don't know.:) It was when I went.....many moons ago.lol.
........V'

Nah, History lessons were a joke in the early 80's. You learned all about the Egyptians and Romans, but never anything about the 'empires' of Great Britain. If I asked a schoolteacher about the history of the East India Company they wouldn't have had a clue. Probably the same nowadays too.

Cheers,

Shaun M

E34-520iSE
02-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Just a reminder for the UK guys, Top Gear is repeated tonight (wednesday) at 7pm on BBC2. Don't miss it!

Shaun M

filip00
02-14-2007, 01:00 PM
it was okay, although i prefer Tiff and fifth gear

liquidtiger720
02-14-2007, 01:02 PM
That episode is hillarious.

I couldn't stop laughing.