PDA

View Full Version : 9006/9005 Loe To High to HIR 9011 Highbeams PERIOD

Spasso
02-11-2007, 11:49 PM
They work.
I converted from the 9006 low beams to the 9005 high beams for my projectors last year and they made a difference but not as much as I was hoping.

I sprung for the set of Toshiba HIR 9011 HIGH beam bulbs and BAM! Finally I have some light to work with. I modified the upper tab the same way as one does on the 9006/9005 conversion and they popped right in.

I parked 25 feet away from my garage door and used a grid formula from another site to realign them so the "hot" spots are where they are supposed to be. They are not the cheapest on the open maket (NOT JOHN DEERE), About 26.00 each on ebauy BUT, they are the Toshiba bulbs!!

I have read that it's the Toshiba bulbs that you want to buy, not the cheap knockoffs. The Toshiba bulbs have the correct patented reflective coating on the inside of the bulb (developed by GM) that returns the infrared waves back to the element making it burn whiter without burning hotter or using more wattage. The cheap knockoff bulbs, from what I have read do work but not as well and not as long.

The whole GM concept was to deliver 75% of the HID light at 20% the cost

I went to this guy, maxlumens@finemotoring.com

Well worth the saving of 360.00 plus labor for HID or so.

He did mention that he did not recommend for E36 cars because of glare problems, probably from the plexi covers,