PDA

View Full Version : QUCIK! If youve taken off your steering wheel help please!

BFEINZIMER
02-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Ok last new thread on this issue, the breaker bar worked perfectly almost with zero effort lol...

So ive got the nut and washer off but I dont exactly know where to mark it so It goes back on striaght, so heres a picutre, please edit it and show me exactly where to mark with my sharpie..thanks...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/BFEINZIMER/steering.jpg

indierthanthou
02-10-2007, 01:16 PM
make sure your front wheels are straight before you remove the wheel, otherwise it wont be straight and wont track properly. then when you put the wheel back on just hold it straight before you put it on the shaft and youll be apples

BFEINZIMER
02-10-2007, 01:19 PM
well yea its striaght but it still says make a mark so where?

markus
02-10-2007, 01:21 PM
yea i need to readjust my steering wheel. i found out i put it on crooked after just geting an alignment :(

BFEINZIMER
02-10-2007, 01:27 PM
soo where do i mark this...

Jon K
02-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Dude its simple as cake. mark the inside of the wheel and mark the spline shaft
that way when you sit it ono its where it was before. however, its easy to straighten it if it is crooked.

Dukes
02-10-2007, 01:50 PM
soo where do i mark this...

I ran into this SAME problem. I eventually had to make 3 runs down the street and re-install the wheel each time to get it right.

BFEINZIMER
02-10-2007, 02:23 PM
ok so i got it off put it on everything is happy except now my trip and odo blub is out lol so now im just gonna order 1 of every bulb and 1 more nut and just replace everything since i know how to do it easily now

thansk for all the help