PDA

View Full Version : help with program radio

ricola
02-09-2007, 02:05 PM
OK, I searched this topic 8 ways to sunday and found everything but the answer I was looking for.

My battery went dead. I lost the radio function. I have the radio code written in the owners manual but I don't have the opporators manual the explains the procedure for entering the radio code.

How do you get the radio code to enter?

ricola
02-09-2007, 02:14 PM
bump... anyone?

ricola
02-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone have the book or do I need to throw this radio in the trash?

AutoXr
02-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Just did it due to a 20 degree below battery...Turn on ignition to acc so radio is on. Code should appear. Simply enter the 5 digit number. If correct, two beeps and it comes on. If it beeps while you are entering numbers, stop and begin entry again with the first number. If enter it wrong more than 3 times, you must leave the radio on for at least an hour before attempting it again.

pgrindstaff
02-09-2007, 02:58 PM
All you should have to do is turn your car on to ACC and enter the 5 digit code you have into your radio. I believe if the radio makes a beep sound while entering the code you are supposed to start entering from the first digit again.

Qsilver7
02-09-2007, 03:07 PM
OK, I searched this topic 8 ways to sunday and found everything but the answer I was looking for.

My battery went dead. I lost the radio function. I have the radio code written in the owners manual but I don't have the opporators manual the explains the procedure for entering the radio code.

How do you get the radio code to enter?
Enter the six digit radio CODE that came supplied in the radio supplement booklet and use the six radio preset buttons to enter the CODE. If you have 3 failed attempts of entering the radio CODE...you must leave the ignition in (position 1) and the radio on for at least 1 hour....then try again.

If when entering the CODE you hear a BEEP before you've entered the last digit...stop and start over with the first digit of the CODE. If you mess up while entering the CODE...continue thru to the sixth digit and start over after the radio BEEPS.

When you've sucessfully entered the CODE, the radio will BEEP and CODE will disappear from the radio display.

(Remember you only get 3 attempts at entering the CODE)

ricola
02-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks,

I'm sure I attempted to enter the code atleast 3 times already.

These instructions should now be searchable.

John B.
02-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Thats how it SHOULD work but it hasn't worked that way for me. Each time I've entered the code correctly it beeps once as I punch in the last digit & nothing changes. I've got a trip tomorrow so I'm going to try leaving the radio on for a couple hours while I drive & then try again.

ricola
02-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Thats how it SHOULD work but it hasn't worked that way for me. Each time I've entered the code correctly it beeps once as I punch in the last digit & nothing changes. I've got a trip tomorrow so I'm going to try leaving the radio on for a couple hours while I drive & then try again.

John,

Mine was doing the same thing. I parked in the garage and left the key on in the first position with the radio on for an hour. I entered the code and it worked!

So except for the badly damaged rear cover from pushing the car in the heated garage I'm back in business.

Thanks all for the help!