PDA

View Full Version : Service Light Pattern

530iBall
04-28-2004, 10:40 AM
When my '95 530i told me it was time to do an oil service, I did it. I reset the indicator with a gizmo I got from Racing King. So now, after slowly watching the greenies go out one by one, the oil service indicator is lit. Now, I'm thinking at this point, the inspection light should be lit. Doesn't it go OIL SERVICE, INSPECTION, OIL SERVICE, INSPECTION, etc? Is there a chance that when I used the gizmo, I messed up the computer that keeps track of what service interval I'm on? Or do both the OIL SERVICE and INPSECTION lamps come on and the bulb in the INSPECTION lamp is burned out? Thanks!

Unregistered
04-28-2004, 11:06 AM
... you could do 3-4 oil changes before an inspection is due.

When my '95 530i told me it was time to do an oil service, I did it. I reset the indicator with a gizmo I got from Racing King. So now, after slowly watching the greenies go out one by one, the oil service indicator is lit. Now, I'm thinking at this point, the inspection light should be lit. Doesn't it go OIL SERVICE, INSPECTION, OIL SERVICE, INSPECTION, etc? Is there a chance that when I used the gizmo, I messed up the computer that keeps track of what service interval I'm on? Or do both the OIL SERVICE and INPSECTION lamps come on and the bulb in the INSPECTION lamp is burned out? Thanks!