PDA

View Full Version : OT: tractor supply company has Chevron Supreme 10w30 SM and 10w40 SL for $1.28/qua..

ryan roopnarine
02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
rt, but the price is unmarked at the display ($2.08 or such). East coast people don't have kragen and such with their $.99/quart sales for the same oil. considering that walmart's piece of $hiat supertech goes-out of grade in 2500 mile oil is $1.58 and sears spectrum at kmart is about $1.75, this is a pretty good deal in 2007. i know that TSC is probably out of the way for most, but if you are already there buying welding gas, animal feed, or trying to pick up a single redneck chickadee, it might be worth your while. me, somebody simultaneously pissed me off and insulted me today, so the 220 block round trip in brisk traffic was needed.

Rigmaster
02-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks Ryan!! You and I must be distant relatives, is "miser" your middle name like mine??? :)

BTW, I never was able to find that Delo at Advance a couple of weeks ago. They did have 4 bottles of Redline MTL on the clearance shelf last night for $2 per QT....... I asked the manager if they had any more Redline products and he said those 4 bottles were special orders that the customer never picked up. I picked up a QT of Redline gear oil at the same store a couple of weeks ago for $3.

Bret.

ryan roopnarine
02-08-2007, 10:59 PM
miser? me? nooo.
i don't pick up two day old, abandoned beach towels from the laundromat to use as shop rags :D i don't print out practice targets on my printer at home or anything.

alls i know is...i got 5 cases of castrol gtx/shell/albertsons brand oil and Dex 3 last year for about $60, and most of it is used up. people wonder why i stockpile the stuff, but when it comes to be oil change time...something about liking sausage, but not wanting to see how it's made.

i found that there's almost no point in trying to find sale items like motor oil in rural areas, as the farmer types stockpile it at the first price reduction. advance generally reduces oil prices from regular->1.75->1.24-><$1. all of the delo i got was deep within city limits. got some redline full syn 5w20 for $2 each, but then again, farmer types think that 20 weight oils are for lubricating electric motors only.