PDA

View Full Version : Quad-Exhaust? Whos is this, what is this?

CharlesAFerg
02-07-2007, 03:17 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/CharlesAFerg/2362238_3_full.jpg

rob101
02-07-2007, 04:59 PM
that's keith from brisbane. his username here is boom n zoom.

Macv
02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
He's posted a few threads with pics on this setup.

mattyb
02-08-2007, 05:38 AM
sounds nice, from memory, keith showed us that when first started that only the left side emits noticable noise but after warmed up it sounds brilliant, i think we all stood behind it, with exhaust eny, when he came down for the Terrigal meet.

myles
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I saw him drive past my street yesterday. I thought to myself - I've seen photos of that car on the board, and then this topic turns up today!

rob101
02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
You know myles, we just follow you around all day. Remember macks mufflers? I was stalking you when you went there and realised that i needed a muffler change as well so i booked myself in.
:p
anyway

CharlesAFerg
02-08-2007, 05:59 PM
You know myles, we just follow you around all day. Remember macks mufflers? I was stalking you when you went there and realised that i needed a muffler change as well so i booked myself in.
:p
anyway

Aussies sure are weird..

Boom n Zoom
02-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Macv I still owe you a closeup of the Righthad side cutout will get it done and post it asap.

ROFL Rob!

Myles he's right you know....you want to be careful ;)

I saw him drive past my street yesterday. I thought to myself - I've seen photos of that car on the board, and then this topic turns up today!

Oh Dear! I hope it was in the afternoon...it was atleast cleanish then. :(

i think we all stood behind it, with exhaust eny,

LOL thanks matty.

I am off to an exhaust shop this afternoon to 'review' the tailpipe assembly, I am hopeing it will still be both sides but it will work properly, on both sides. I just need to finish the job that the previous owner started, updates with pics to follow if it happens.

Actually while I'm at it is the rear bumper resonably easy to remove? Has anyone here done it before? I am going to print out the realoem parts picture for reference, just would like to know if anyone has done it recently.

Cheers!

myles
02-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Its a small world that we live in when you recognise cars driving past from photos you've seen of it on the internet.

Anton CH.
02-09-2007, 01:30 AM
He's posted a few threads with pics on this setup.
For the lazy:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=29325

Boom n Zoom:
What brand of collector did you use on the right hand side?

Boom n Zoom
02-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Boom n Zoom:
What brand of collector did you use on the right hand side?

Thanks for posting the link Anton (there is a second thread as well with the same heading with the rest of the piccies)

The collector is not a name brand, it is of Stainless Steel construction and has no identifying marks on it. I believe it is made inhouse at the exhaust shop that did the rest of the system. I have yet to verify this as I am trying to get onto the previous owner to find out where he had it done so that I can go and talk to the guys there and find out a bit more about the internal construction of the collector and maybe get them to finish the job properly ;).

I had to cancel the trip to the exhaust shop this afternoon RL got in the way :( I guess I am meant to go to the guys that originally did the job as this is the second time that I have had to cancel my booking *shrug* I guess it isn't meant to happen yet.

On another note, I will be purchasing a HiDef Digital Video camera soonish to replace my Hi8 (Still pouring over brochures and looking up specs on websites at the moment) so that I can shoot some HiDef clips and connect to my comp to DL them. When I do this I will get some different clips of the sound from the exhaust i.e. Like Jon has done outside and some inside work. A good excuse to spend a day in the car with my new camera and go for a drive :D

Hope this answers your question Anton, sorry but I got sidetracked .....again!!!

Cheers!