PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Radio

blackpawn5
02-07-2007, 07:53 AM
I recently changed my battery in my 535i, all was well until I started the car back up again. The radio is displaying the word "Code". I went to the instructions and read up, Im completely aware of how to insert the code however I do not know the code to the radio, I am the cars third owner, and I have no information on how to retrieve the code. Does anyone know how to override the system or enter a universal code? Let me know, I am getting bored singing by myself

Rus
02-07-2007, 08:44 AM
There is no override or universal code you can enter. You will need to have a dealer retrieve the code using the radio serial number and/or the car's VIN. The serial number is located on the radio label. You'll need to remove the radio from the dashboard to see the label. Hopefully the dealer won't charge you anything to pull up the radio code. HTH

John B.
02-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Have you looked in the radio manual that came with the car. Usually the dealer puts a sticker in there with the code # on it.

Sidney Rough-Diamond
02-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Did the same thing on my car and looked at all the manuals I had for the car and found nothing.Removed the radio and found someone had wrote the code on the top of the radio.... failing such luck, do a google for 'BMW radio code' or similar and there was a ton of info out there.You can also get the model number etc of the back of the radio and pay a few $$$ to an online place who will give you the code.

Kalevera
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Post the radio's serial number and I'll tell you the code.

Dealer techs got into the habit of writing the code on the radio. Some security feature, eh?

Pclark
02-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Post the radio's serial number and I'll tell you the code.

Dealer techs got into the habit of writing the code on the radio. Some security feature, eh?
Any chance you can help with this one? The # on the back of the radio is A50816216
in a very quiet 95 530i