PDA

View Full Version : A nice lil' weekend car...

TheGeak
04-27-2004, 08:52 PM
...one that i sure wouldn't mind owning...and a description about how they did it (even if it is a very dumbed down description)
Bugatti (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/bugatti.htm)

AllanS
04-28-2004, 08:53 AM
I'd rather have a few older Masertatis and Ferraris, for that amount of money. They'd probably be more fun to drive,anyways.

Robbo
04-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Actually, this thing don't work. They can't get the weight down to it's target weight, they are having trouble with the tyres at over 185mph (it's supposed to do 250mph) plus other problems - apart from it's pig ugly.

Gimme a Macca F1 any day.

G Feller
04-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Technology hasn't quite caught up with VW/Bugatti's plans yet, but the exclusivity should add to the cache of owning one, which is fair enough for Bugatti. As Robbo says, they have yet to invent tires that can match this beast. Another write-up I read about it quoted an engineer on the project with regard to the level of torque the thing puts out: "teeth salad." And some of you might remember that on its maiden public voyage (some race event in Europe, I believe) a professional driver spun out into the dirt in the multi-multi-multi-million-dollar prototype.

I think it is most striking looking, though it doesn't come close to the Enzo in the looks department. A McLaren would do me fine! Hell, a Carerra Turbo would get me around most of the sticks in the mud I need to deal with from day to day.

I have been awestruck by the Veyron since the first rumors of its production. Let's just say, I'm glad the rumors continue, but I'll believe it when I see one.

Actually, this thing don't work. They can't get the weight down to it's target weight, they are having trouble with the tyres at over 185mph (it's supposed to do 250mph) plus other problems - apart from it's pig ugly.

Gimme a Macca F1 any day.

TheGeak
04-28-2004, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't take it for the 'holy **** look how fast i can go' factor. I'd take it because of the luxary involved in the 'holy **** look how fast i can go while sitting on super comfy leather seats with full surround sound and a beautiful woman sitting next to me' factor.

not that most of us could EVER afford to even change the oil in most of these (yes, that exaggeration i know). its still fun to dream.