PDA

View Full Version : So I bought those chinese rotors from BMA...

TC535i
02-05-2007, 05:26 PM
The OP Parts or whatever they are. Was pleasantly surprised to see they had some kind of a black finish on the hats... never seen this on cheap parts before, nice touch. Didn't come with new set screws, but Pat knew that and added them to my order..

Put the fronts on, and... so far, so good. Pat said he hasn't had any complaints about shimmy, so hopefully they treat me well. Seemed to be decent quality tho, especially for the price! (I want to say ~$25/ea for fronts and ~$20 for the rears for a 540i/6)

Definitely worth a look. A previous owner put new pads on my car but left the old rotors... there's a huge lip on all of them. Only had time to do the fronts this weekend, but so far, everything feels good!

brick8
02-05-2007, 06:01 PM
I also ordered a pair of these but it is too cold out now to install them. Can't wait til it warms up outside so that I can get them on (and hopefully eliminate the shimmy).

525ikicker
02-05-2007, 09:04 PM
hi, i have put new rotors on the front of my 525i a while back and the shimmy came back... now the anti lock light is on and i know that the front left bearing was replaced with a cheapo with out a sensor hook up... my question is if i get a new one with proper equipment should, and replace the fronts AGAIN would that solve my shimmy? and also i have heard that the thrust arm bushings(if wore out) can cause shimmy while breaking is that true also?

thanks

justin

Alexlind123
02-05-2007, 09:07 PM
thrust arm bushings will cause a shimmy on braking.

632 Regal
02-05-2007, 09:09 PM
I ran mine sucessfully for about 15k so far, better luck with these than the expensive ones that warped after a break in...lol.

The OP Parts or whatever they are. Was pleasantly surprised to see they had some kind of a black finish on the hats... never seen this on cheap parts before, nice touch. Didn't come with new set screws, but Pat knew that and added them to my order..

Put the fronts on, and... so far, so good. Pat said he hasn't had any complaints about shimmy, so hopefully they treat me well. Seemed to be decent quality tho, especially for the price! (I want to say ~$25/ea for fronts and ~$20 for the rears for a 540i/6)

Definitely worth a look. A previous owner put new pads on my car but left the old rotors... there's a huge lip on all of them. Only had time to do the fronts this weekend, but so far, everything feels good!

BigKriss
02-06-2007, 08:18 AM
I like brembos

TC535i
02-06-2007, 11:45 AM
I like brembosI like money. And I saved a LOT of it by going with these. ;)

madjeff
02-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I like money.

Mr Krabs?

Sorry, a little SpongeBob humor. Can you tell I have kids in the house? :D

TC535i
02-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Mr Krabs?

Sorry, a little SpongeBob humor. Can you tell I have kids in the house? :D
I don't, and I knew who you were talking about. Even sadder... :)

MTV
02-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I've had mine for a little over 2 months and I am very pleased with the rotors. They are indeed inexpensive and quality does not seem to be affected.

I had a very bad case of brake shimmy at the 55-75 MPH range but no shimmy while accelerating. After replacing the original rotors with the OpPart rotors the shimmy has been completely eliminated. I am now planing to order a set of OpParts rotors for the rear in the next couple of weeks. :)

brick8
02-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Mine shimmies only when it is coming to a stop (last 10mph or so)

Russell
02-06-2007, 08:58 PM
how much for shipping?

TC535i
02-07-2007, 01:50 AM
how much for shipping?
I live in Los Angeles. The fact that I bought 4 rotors, a radiator, a waterpump, couple hoses, gallon of coolant, etc etc... was good incentive to make the 20 minute drive and stop by and say hi to the guys. ;)

bigtisas
02-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Good deal. I'll get them when i need new rotors.

Paul in NZ
02-07-2007, 03:22 AM
as far as he shimmy goes if youre accellerating you can go right through the "zone" without feeling a thing,but if you go slowlwy through the 85-95 km hr or sit right at 90 km hr or so you can have it shake the car apart...

DallasBill
02-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I've had mine on the front for about 10k miles now and no issues.

BMA shipping was free.