PDA

View Full Version : Hub centric rings?

karl1171
02-05-2007, 07:54 AM
I've been advised in a previous thread, if I wish to put e39 wheels on my e34 I need hub centric rings.

Does anyone know where in the UK I can get these and how much the are?

I've called my local BMW dealer who said they do not do them and furthermore they don't recommend puttong e39 wheels on an e 34.

Also checked GSF car parts, who do not appear to stock them.

shrike071
02-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Tirerack.com sells them....

DaveVoorhis
02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Try some of the smaller speciality wheel shops -- I found a local shop down a side street that could source them, after discovering the larger shops either (a) didn't know what I was talking about, or (b) claimed to have "millions of those things dumped in a box somewhere -- come back in a few months when we're not busy and you can look for some that fit."

They were £5 each -- a bit of a rip-off, but for some reason they seem to be rare as hen's teeth here.

Wrighty525isport
02-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Try Ebay, i noticed some the other day while trawling thru e34 stuff. bout 26 quid which is a little steep tho. . . . they are known as spigot rings as well by the way so thats what to search for.

Jehu
02-05-2007, 01:30 PM
btw,they come in different sizes so verify which ones you require. its a function of the wheel bore and hub diameter.I contacted the manufacturer of my wheels,Rondell and was told i needed 74.1 to 72.6 rings which i found at the wheel exchange(US but may ship overseas) for about $30usd for four aluminum rings. They make them in steel and plastic but the consensus seems to be plastic will fail sooner and the steel will rust so i went with aluminums.I've had them on for over six months and they are still in fine condition.

GJPinAU
02-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Your stealer is an idiot!

I paid AU$40 a couple of weeks ago.

Try some of the wheel/tyre stores that look after the "bling" type cars.

Insist on hub centric rings and if they try to make you feel like your a fool it is they that are stupid, because they won't know what you are talking about.

nizmainiac
02-05-2007, 06:13 PM
i got mine from wheels uk on fleabay , they cost me £26 and they work fine

karl1171
02-27-2007, 04:58 AM
I've now bought a set of e39 wheels, they are only 15" unfortunately but were only GBP41, and have reasonable tyres!

I've had to put them on the car as my old tyres were borderline legal on the front, but I have not used Spigot rings.

Are these essential? The car drives and handles fine with no vibration.

DaveVoorhis
02-27-2007, 05:20 AM
Are these essential? The car drives and handles fine with no vibration.
Probably not essential, but I'll bet you find vibration starts in a few hundred miles without them.