PDA

View Full Version : Help - Sunroof

shoptb
04-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Hey guys -- I need some help. For some time now, my sunroof has been acting funky...opening at odd times for no reason, and then it will take about two minutes before I can close it. This is an off and on problem. However, this afternoon, it opened up on its own, and will not close. I have taken the switch out and cleaned it, but still no-go. I even manually closed the sunroof using the allen-wrench tool, but when I start the car, it just opens again.

Any suggestions? Could this be a faulty switch? Is there an easy way to just get the damned thing closed and stay closed? I am gonna be in a fix when the next rain storm hits.

Thanks
Brad

shoptb
04-27-2004, 06:11 PM
I don't know if it's related or helps, but the one-touch open/close function has never worked on the sunroof on this car. (94 530iA)

e34
04-27-2004, 09:07 PM
try to disconnect the battery, I had the same prob but after i closed it manually i didnt use it for like 3 month and now its perfect, but that is weird, it may not help but its worth a shot.

henryw525i
04-28-2004, 08:20 AM
I know when I was re doing the bulb in my sunroof switch. When I un-plugged the switch the roof would automatically put itself into the tilt position. I am guessing that the switch might be faulty, there might be a wiring problem. The general module (located under rear seat) controls the one touch feature...so this might be having some issues...or it might have come from the factory like that

henryw525i
04-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Take the fuse out when it looks as though its going to rain :D