PDA

View Full Version : Well ****ing **** cylender three strikes again (Write Off time!)

Ferret
02-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Finally got around to pulling the head off this weekend, and am going to have to either give away or scrap the car :(

Pulled the head off and cylenders 1,2,4,5,6 were spotless, perfect running and clean piston heads, Inside of the combustion chambers perfectly smooth as well...

However for some unexplainable reason piston three has been striking the head. The piston's completely mangled and has scored the bores... I've no idea why it's done this if the other 5 are clean.

Such a shame, rest of the car's so clean as well... oh well, anyone want a project vehicle?

If someone wants to make me a sesible offer and can trailer it away from Reading, UK then fire away :)

cooljules
02-05-2007, 05:37 AM
I have a nice 520 engine doing nothing...pity its not a 525.

Engines still in the car...If anyone needs some doors, engine, gearbox...let me know, its in Sheffield but not got the tools to remove em (all nicked)

Dave M
02-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Another few hours and you'll have the engine out. $500-$1000 later, you have a new one on a crate headed to your door. Then, you don't have to waste such a fine vehicle. If you lived near me, I'd either help you do it, or take the car off your hands.

Don't be irrationale ;)

Dave M

shrike071
02-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Dave M

+1!
Far too many people write off their cars due to something like this. If the rest of the car is in good shape - save it! Put another engine in there and keep her on the road!

Ferret
02-05-2007, 08:20 AM
+1!
Far too many people write off their cars due to something like this. If the rest of the car is in good shape - save it! Put another engine in there and keep her on the road!

I dont have the facility to raise the car, nor am I going to pay a garage to do it...

If someone else wants to do it then fair enough, I just a) havent got the time to do a full eng swop or b) have the resources.

ILoveMPower
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Dude, come on!

This is your opportunity for an S50/2 swap! You even have the euro version...

doh

DaveVoorhis
02-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Drop it off on my driveway, and you don't even have to take it home. :D

Ferret
02-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Haha, this car has been cursed since the day I laid eyes on it, I'm looking at E36's now, scary, or back to a 535i/lpg conversion?

632 Regal
02-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Stuart tells me the E34 isn't worth **** even in great condition. He gave his away for gas tax?