PDA

View Full Version : '92 525i se and Carsoft 6.5

whiskychaser
02-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Just got hold of interface and software but dont have any support. Anybody help with a couple of queries?:
Is my car too old to produce live data? My kit just says module not responding when I ask for it. Also, I erased a stored error in the EGS but when I run the diagnostic test again it still comes up error but without any codes. Does that mean my EGS module is faulty? :-(

winfred
02-04-2007, 11:22 AM
i don't know anything about carsoft but your car produces plenty of live data if you have a scanner that will read it, the snap on red brick reads tons of engine data all the way back to 87-88 bmws and the newer the car the more features you can read all the way up controlling some systems and reseting adaptations after 96

Bill R.
02-04-2007, 11:24 AM
cars but since i don't have it maybe i'm wrong. I was under the impression that 6.1 was the newest version you could use for the e34 and e36

Just got hold of interface and software but dont have any support. Anybody help with a couple of queries?:
Is my car too old to produce live data? My kit just says module not responding when I ask for it. Also, I erased a stored error in the EGS but when I run the diagnostic test again it still comes up error but without any codes. Does that mean my EGS module is faulty? :-(

whiskychaser
02-04-2007, 02:24 PM
cars but since i don't have it maybe i'm wrong. I was under the impression that 6.1 was the newest version you could use for the e34 and e36

6.5 has the facility for live data and there are nice pics to show it SHOULD work or the E34 but it if you hit that option it just comes back module not responding. It does respond to show stored faults though. You reckon its worth getting a copy of 6.1 and giving that a try?