PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver, WA

Alexlind123
02-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Who lives in or around this area? Just trying to get a feel for the e34 population around this area.

Renman
02-04-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm staring down at Vancouver lake right now. Lower river road on the other side of the lake has 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile markers painted on it. The pavement is in grerat shape.

madjeff
02-04-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm just north in BattleGround, about 15 minutes away. There seems to be a few of us in the PDX/Van area on the forum.

Incantation
02-04-2007, 04:20 AM
that colour blue in your sig pic looks really nice in the snow

s_ribbens
02-04-2007, 02:18 PM
That makes 4 of us so far. I think there are a few in Portland as well. I live over by the mall.

danielhstout
02-05-2007, 02:28 AM
I frequent Longview/Kelso WA.

Alexlind123
02-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Bump

s_ribbens
02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
So, how about a Vancouver/Portland E34 meet? I've done tons with the newer (model) BMW crowd, but an old school E34 meet and great would be a blast. If no other suggestion arise, everyone is more than welcome to meet at the shop I work at (in Lake Oswego).

Alexlind123
02-05-2007, 11:43 PM
So, how about a Vancouver/Portland E34 meet? I've done tons with the newer (model) BMW crowd, but an old school E34 meet and great would be a blast. If no other suggestion arise, everyone is more than welcome to meet at the shop I work at (in Lake Oswego).

That might be cool, but should we wait to schedule something until we can have a better chance of guaranteeing good weather? These car meets sound like an outdoor type event, although i havent been to one.

Edit: Oh, and i need to get my bumper fixed.

s_ribbens
02-06-2007, 12:20 AM
If we meet at my shop or Starbucks or... anywhere for food, it doesn't have to be outside. It's just a chance to check out each others cars and have fun chatting about E34's, etc.!

madjeff
02-06-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm in, although not this weekend, got some paintballin' scheduled for Sunday. =)

CharlesAFerg
02-06-2007, 02:38 AM
I'm in, although not this weekend, got some paintballin' scheduled for Sunday. =)

Where do you paintball? I used to paintball, then I played airsoft until it was overrun by old farts, then I bought a new paintball gun. I should go play in Wash. sometime, I've got military family in Tacoma.

That makes 4 of us so far. I think there are a few in Portland as well. I live over by the mall.

PDX PDX PDX! Come on guys don't even assume we won't come... I've got a few E39 guys out here that are planning on meeting in maybe a month or so, so there are 4 for sure on my side, with more of their friends possible.
We met last time off of I-5, I'm sure we can cruise someplace in between, ya?

****, Ptown is always down.
Besides, the PDX BMW ACA is pretty lame, a bunch of stuck-up car-idiot rich old farts.

s_ribbens
02-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Ha ha! I agree. I went to a couple of ACA meetings but I think I've enjoyed some lectures at school better.

Oh, PDX/Vancouver... it's all the same. The more the merrier.

madjeff
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Where do you paintball? I used to paintball, then I played airsoft until it was overrun by old farts, then I bought a new paintball gun. I should go play in Wash. sometime, I've got military family in Tacoma.

I usually go up to Puyallup and play with a bunch of guys up there. Of course, I'm one of the old farts. I haven't played here in Vancouver yet, don't really know anyone here that plays since I'm fairly new to the area.

madjeff
02-06-2007, 10:35 AM

I was just looking at your sig, you must be in one of those devs north of VanMall? The area looks familiar, as my parents live on 58th, just north of the mall.

s_ribbens
02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Yup. Impressive eye! About a block off of Van Mall Drive on 77th. Where in Vancouver are you?

madjeff
02-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Yup. Impressive eye! About a block off of Van Mall Drive on 77th. Where in Vancouver are you?

I'm actually in BattleGround, off of 503 in one of those damn cookiecutter subdivisions. Decided to rent until we were here a year and had a better feel where we wanted to buy. :D

s_ribbens
02-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Well, be careful out there! I here theys got some big 'ol trucks up in that neck of the woods. Lol

Btw, love the wheels. Always been a fan of those. Too bad they stopped making them.

madjeff
02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Love the wheels, too bad they are out of round... :D I'm going to have to replace them but want to get the front suspension rebuilt and new springs/shocks first.

s_ribbens
02-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Do you want some barely used CA's with bushings? Super cheap! I just replaced mine about 2k miles ago but have some urethane bushings on the way. It'd be easier to just pick up new control arms without bushings rather than pressing them out and replacing them with new bushings. You can have them for whatever my cost is to replace them. I'll pm you a price. And, if you need help with any other item let me know. If you didn't know already, I work for AR Auto/Adrenaline Racing down in Lake Oswego.

madjeff
02-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Do you want some barely used CA's with bushings? Super cheap! I just replaced mine about 2k miles ago but have some urethane bushings on the way. It'd be easier to just pick up new control arms without bushings rather than pressing them out and replacing them with new bushings. You can have them for whatever my cost is to replace them. I'll pm you a price. And, if you need help with any other item let me know. If you didn't know already, I work for AR Auto/Adrenaline Racing down in Lake Oswego.
Shoot me a PM with your price. Are they Lemfoerder? Send me the info, I might be interested.

s_ribbens
02-06-2007, 11:53 AM
They were either Lemfoerder or Meyle. I don't remember exactly (although I'm thinking they may have been Meyle). I can get you brand new Lemfoerder units as well. I'll check with my tech to see if I'm really saving anytime or if I'm better of just using what I already have.

What other suspension stuff are you going with? I did the Bilstein Sport shocks and will be ordering H&R springs soon.

Renman
02-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm in. Seth, what's your shop all about? Is it just for racing or does the shop work on stock E34's. I need a fair shop in the area for stuff I can't do or don't have enough time for. I love E34's and my wife has a E39 but they're stock. I'm over in the Lakeshore/Felida area.
-Rennie

s_ribbens
02-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I used to live over by you. My parents lived in Ashley Heights.

We do all of the usual maintenance/repair and service intervals so not just performance type stuff. We're all just a bunch of car nuts there.