PDA

View Full Version : Enough bump?

Alexlind123
02-03-2007, 10:16 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bv_uLhf1mgM

attack eagle
02-04-2007, 01:27 AM
That was terrible.

Kicker floppy cone syndrome at it's finest...

must have been a ported box.

Jon K
02-04-2007, 02:44 AM
due to the giant ports you can see lol

Boone.Msi
02-04-2007, 02:50 AM
-teh poop

I have one RF hx2 hooked up that would sound better than that. I don't even get to enjoy it since it rattles the hell out of my trunk like in the video...:(

I hate hearing cars like that, and im sure as hell not gonna sport it.

attack eagle
02-04-2007, 04:20 AM
:) I KNOW that track intimately...it just kept flopping below about 35hz... with a real peakiness to it. That's why I'm saying it HAD to be ported...
EDIT: ok I watched it again and I saw the ports this time... I'm old, all i could see was flashlight glare the first time, sorry

This is what is considered cool among our fine younger Ipod generation. Nevermind playing music well, (or having a melodious exhaust note either) just make noise as loudly as possible.
And this is why I got out of the car audio biz. I couldn't hide my contempt for these asnine imbeciles anymore...

Randell
02-04-2007, 05:50 AM
yeah i'm not a fan of the solo baric.. i heard one set up in a little daihatsu charade, it was basically firing directly into our ears but even if it was in the boot/trunk you'd never get speakers that could match it and you'd need to dynamat the whole car to stop the rattles.. the bass was overwhelming but surprisingly tight and punchy, so i was impressed technically

i'll stick with my ancient 10" kicker impulse, that thing never dies and perfectly matches the focal splits i've got up front

Macv
02-04-2007, 11:46 AM
I like the bass in the stock speakers. It's loud enough for the stupid metal I listen to.

Boone.Msi
02-04-2007, 03:10 PM
stupid metal? nonsense!

And you need a sub for double bass pedals my friend, trust me...

Check these out:
Black Dahlia murder
Through the eyes of the dead
Job for a cowboy

Incantation
02-04-2007, 04:56 PM
stock speakers have no bass who are u kidding

Russell
02-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Perhaps not. But the stock sound system in my 95 will shake the seats and other parts of the car and is way too loud (not just bass, just loud) when I turn the volume up just a bit over 1/2 way with a CD.

May be my old ears but I just do not see the attraction of "thump-thump" sound. Just my opinion.

attack eagle
02-04-2007, 08:06 PM
me either, but the factory system sucks below 60-65 hz. It becomes thump thump instead of music. SO you need a sub to play that lower end that is missing on any decent music, whether you like Rabbit music (hippity hop) or Orchestra, or even Styx: Renegade.

Incantation
02-04-2007, 08:53 PM
i was talking frequency response, not "thump thump". the stock system doesn't hit anything below 100hz at either low or high volumes which is ok for talk radio but for most kinds of music you will be missing part of what you are supposed to be hearing. kind of like watching tv and missing part of the viewscreen

Macv
02-04-2007, 09:05 PM
stupid metal? nonsense!

And you need a sub for double bass pedals my friend, trust me...

Check these out:
Black Dahlia murder
Through the eyes of the dead
Job for a cowboy

In Flames, Soilwork, Hatebreed are more of my type. I did get to see Black Dahlia Murder once, though I remember they were the band that I left the front row for to get some food. :)

Russell
02-05-2007, 02:34 AM
simple sub recomendations?? I do not want to modify anything. Just a plug and play.

Nick.Hay
02-05-2007, 04:29 AM
Anyone have a good remedy to that rattling bootlid skin??

RallyD
02-05-2007, 07:11 AM
plug and play = Infinity Basslink

for the boot, try fatmat, dynamay, some sort of absorbtion insulation material

Russell
02-05-2007, 08:52 AM
I want a small plug and play sub out the way. Can you do one under the passenger front seat or even under the rear seat? I know there is not much room. and the heavy seat insulation. I am just looking for increased lower frequency response.

TC535i
02-05-2007, 11:53 AM
i was talking frequency response, not "thump thump". the stock system doesn't hit anything below 100hz at either low or high volumes which is ok for talk radio but for most kinds of music you will be missing part of what you are supposed to be hearing. kind of like watching tv and missing part of the viewscreen
Just an FYI... my stock 95 540i system sounds about 10,000 times better than my stock '90 535i system did. Dunno if they changed speakers, amp, or what... but it's night and day.

Russell
02-05-2007, 05:24 PM
I sure though there must be a difference (in early and later e34s) as my 95 sounds cleaner than my wife's explorer with a subwoofer and lot of power.

TC535i
02-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I sure though there must be a difference (in early and later e34s) as my 95 sounds cleaner than my wife's explorer with a subwoofer and lot of power.
Yup. My early E34 system was GARBAGE, I tore it out and replaced it with an Eclipse head unit (no internal amp, 3 sets of 8-volt preouts), an Alpine V12 amp, and MB Quart component speakers.

My '95... I'm considering keeping stock, maybe adding a sub/amp tapped off one of the speaker lines, and maybe a new head unit for HD Radio...

Alexlind123
02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
How much would it cost to upgrade my 1990 535i audio system to something acceptable? One requirement is an auxiliary input, 3.5mm. I dont necessarily need a subwoofer, just better sound.

Incantation
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
just replace the stock speakers with better ones.. and make sure u get components to match the stock setup (woofer for woofer, tweet for tweet, etc) because the crossover is set up for that