PDA

View Full Version : can i get into the boot via the back seats?

deadpheasant
02-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Is it possible to get into the boot/trunk via the back seats? My lock on the boot has failed (think it might be the connector rods that attach from the central locking motor to the lock mechanism. Anyway, my boot is now firmly locked and will not open at all. Is there any way I can get in through to the book by taking out the rear seat backs? Theres loads of stuff I need locked in my boot now!
Also since this has happened, the central locking motor in the near side passenger door has started making a strange noise after it's unlocked. Link it's trying unlock again after it's already done it.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

gale
02-03-2007, 10:44 AM
You can but it won't be pretty. You'll have to knock out the sheet metal for the ski boot option if it doesn't already have one. Then you'll have to rig up some sort of screw on the end of a broom handle to screw into the carpeted panel to pull it away to get access to the latch.

Don't give up on the latch yet tho. Charge the battery to give the actuator an extra kick & keep working it. It might open. Here's some more details:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_38.htm

Alexlind123
02-03-2007, 10:52 AM
If your stuff is smaller than the ski opening, you can get it out that way. The metal panel is perforated and should come out with a hammer.

NovceGuru
02-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Mine pounded out with the palm of my hand :)