PDA

View Full Version : bilstein engine flush system

dennyg
02-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Hi all

Can anyone out there give some advise on the bilstein engine flush system. My 535 has had limited use and not the best maintenence from previous owner. They used car for winters in West Palm Beach and drove an average of only 2400 miles a year. I am about to change the oil for second time and wonder if car would benefit from this. Anyone out there have it done?

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-03-2007, 01:57 AM
then Change ALL the fluids and filters, bleed the brakes and give it a tune up.

dennyg
02-03-2007, 02:53 AM
six pints in about 6000 miles....tune up coming soon.....spark plugs look okay though....when it gets warmer I will clean idle control valve and tune up along with oxy sensor but I am curious about effectiveness of 100 dollar engine flush........Is it worth it?

Morgenster
02-03-2007, 04:32 AM
Equally curious. Doesn't this seem way easier than that step by step oil treatment?

632 Regal
02-03-2007, 05:13 AM
just change the oil with mobile 1 0w-40 and change the rest of the fluids.

Bill R.
02-03-2007, 11:32 AM
another scam to fleece the suckers out there. I'm always amused at the people who think that an engine should be sparkling clean inside. Run a high detergent oil for a few changes or switch to synthetic and let its detergent action clean up the engine internals gradually. Not that i actually think you have a problem. Some bg44k will help to clean up the valve deposits and combustion chamber deposits, or if you don't want to spend the money on bg44k , seafoam is available for much less, though not as effective.

six pints in about 6000 miles....tune up coming soon.....spark plugs look okay though....when it gets warmer I will clean idle control valve and tune up along with oxy sensor but I am curious about effectiveness of 100 dollar engine flush........Is it worth it?

dennyg
02-03-2007, 12:56 PM
I have switched to mobil one and use sea foam. My commute to work is only one mile......I know this cause my trip odometer always resets to zero lol. With winter warm up and short trips along with limited use from previous owner I was thinking about this flush as a one time cleaning. How much is the bg44 additive?

Bill R.
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
have problems no matter what you use. I would suggest that you drive it far enough to make sure that the engine is fully warmed up at least 3 or 4 times a week. BG44k varies in price depending on where you buy it. Locally here it retails for about 20 US.

I have switched to mobil one and use sea foam. My commute to work is only one mile......I know this cause my trip odometer always resets to zero lol. With winter warm up and short trips along with limited use from previous owner I was thinking about this flush as a one time cleaning. How much is the bg44 additive?

Ross
02-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Second that. A local BM dealer here,Patrick BMW, even pushes this crap.
If you haven't been negligent regarding changes then there are no deposits to worry about.
If you are having for instance valvetrain noises due to sticky lifters then a detergent (Seafoam, etc.) or better yet frequent oil changes should remove the deposits that count. The crud that accumulates in the crankcase or under the rocker cover is harmless if left alone and will deminish if maintenance improves.