PDA

View Full Version : Zerex G05 - 50/50??

scott 4991
02-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Got some Zerex G05 the other day, and was not sure if I mix 50/50 with water (distilled?) - I added full strength, no mixing, but question this. Nothing on the container that I saw.

Thanks

sc

scott 4991
02-03-2007, 03:47 AM
Someone out there must know this? Do you all mix 50/50 or put in 100% coolant?

Thanks

sc

632 Regal
02-03-2007, 05:24 AM
use the search man, this is common sence. for one you arent using the real blue **** and for another you dont know how to mix it...hope I dont see this thing on ebay after you fail to bleed correctly.

scott 4991
02-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Wow, I like constructive inputs like this. Sorry we all don't know as much as you do! Common sense to some, is not common sense to others. I suppose if you knew, you would have answered. Bet you can't wait to see the answer too.

If you are not going to reply to the post with a constructive answer, why reply at all?

sc

John B.
02-03-2007, 09:35 AM
The G-05 is mixed 50/50 like any other antifreeze. Drain out half of what you put in & refill with distilled water.

Bill R.
02-03-2007, 11:25 AM
other antifreeze. Straight antifreeze has a very high boiling point but very poor heat transfer ability, net result the engine runs much hotter even if the temp gauge doesn't indicate this. The idea is to run as much water as possible while maintaining the highest boiling point and the best freeze protection and corrosion protection. 50/50 is the general rule of thumb from most coolant manufacturers. Check your bottle first though, since almost every manufacturer is getting into selling the premixed coolant which is already diluted 50/50 for the same price as the undiluted or only slightly cheaper. G05 also comes this way so make sure yours is the undiluted one before you add water.

chamilun
02-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Scott,
dont you just love guys who know it all. I almost never visit here because of 632...

as you already know, the G-05/G48 is virtually identical to the Blue stuff. usually comes concentrated and needs diluted per the instructions on the label.

good luck

scott 4991
02-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks to those who ANSWERED the question, I do appreciate it. I do know, and where my confusion was, that some antifreeze is premixed - and I suppose it says so on the container if it was - but I wanted to check. I have drained my radiator now and flushed the system, but in 50/50 - the heater works so much better! This was one indication I had something wrong when I put in the un-mixed antifreeze.

Yea, 632 has a lot to learn about 'people' but I'm sure he's young and will see the light at some point.

Again, thanks for the responses.

sc

632 Regal
02-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Sorry, I completely missed the part that said you added it without mixing. I would have had a better answer for you.

Thanks to those who ANSWERED the question, I do appreciate it. I do know, and where my confusion was, that some antifreeze is premixed - and I suppose it says so on the container if it was - but I wanted to check. I have drained my radiator now and flushed the system, but in 50/50 - the heater works so much better! This was one indication I had something wrong when I put in the un-mixed antifreeze.

Yea, 632 has a lot to learn about 'people' but I'm sure he's young and will see the light at some point.

Again, thanks for the responses.

sc