PDA

View Full Version : For all you disbelieving bast*rds....

Flamin'Cow
02-02-2007, 01:56 PM
For all you disbelieving bastards your biggest gripe was that 'oh your Milage doesn't match up with that you previosly posted"

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/flamincow/160mph.jpg

and my milage as of 2 minutes ago....

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/flamincow/P1010012.jpg

So YES - I was out by 30,000 miles, this IS my car and I DID do 160mph+ (indicated) although, as many people have pointed out (including myself) - this may not be an accurate reading.....

Kiss my furry butt........

Still don't believe me? UP YOURS!!!!!!!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/flamincow/P1010013.jpg

spyrot1
02-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Looks like you need an inspection/oil change soon... :p

indierthanthou
02-02-2007, 02:00 PM
do you need a hug?

Flamin'Cow
02-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Had one - less than 1000 miles ago - only wans't via a 'BMW' garage, so the service indicator wasn't re-set.......

Flamin'Cow
02-02-2007, 02:29 PM
That would be very kind - thank you.....

DaveVoorhis
02-02-2007, 02:38 PM
do you need a hug?

Had one - less than 1000 miles ago - only wans't via a 'BMW' garage, so the service indicator wasn't re-set.......
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/sil.html

Dave M
02-02-2007, 03:24 PM
do you need a hug?

Ahhh, now I see the problem. You'd feel a lot more self-assured if you received your hug from a dealership :)

Fetch
02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Um, video please.

Macv
02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Neato, but I thought it was supposed to be a video?

Robin-535im
02-02-2007, 03:43 PM
For all you disbelieving bastards

I'm afraid the only thing that will REALLY convince me is a printout from a local law enforcement radar gun.

:)

brick8
02-02-2007, 03:43 PM

brosher
02-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Are you sure you were doing 200 MPH?!?!

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/5051/200mphjy4.jpg

Flamin'Cow
02-02-2007, 04:24 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahha Man thats well good.........

Shame it aint real tho.....

Venus4NU
02-02-2007, 04:32 PM
For all you disbelieving bastards your biggest gripe was that 'oh your Milage doesn't match up with that you previosly posted"

.... I cannot be a b*stard, therefore, the correct name is b*tch - and much more fitting if I can say so myself. Thank you!!!!

Please don't come and visit my nick of the woods. There are to many reasons why one should not drive that fast AND brag about it. Regardless if there is any truth to it or not.

Paul in NZ
02-02-2007, 07:09 PM
and quite honestly didnt you expect just a little bit of feed back....i reckon the honest top speed of a 535 manual is about 140 mph,downhill could adda little more....they arent particularly powerful ,average slipperiness and big wide sticky tyres....not a good recipe for high top speeds (140 plus)

gale
02-02-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm afraid the only thing that will REALLY convince me is a printout from a local law enforcement radar gun. :)

Does this count? ;)

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/50mph.jpg

Nick.Hay
02-02-2007, 10:17 PM
I will totally agree with paul...

However, maybe you just have one of those "freaks" that get built that is really, really, really good.

You all know the 'wednesday' car myth?? This could well be one!!

I pulled a shade under 240km/h out of mine, and the engine/exhaust/intake is completely stock... There was no 140mph limiter either which was strange.

Digita1 Ecstasy
02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
this is gay because

4.10 diffs ftw

top speed 118 - save that stupid lets see max speed on highway vendetta gumball 3000 i dont care if i go to jail bs

acceleration

yes

winfred
02-02-2007, 11:38 PM
**** i put 4.27s in my 535 and it still had plenty of ass left at 130, i think the short gears are faster as it puts the engine closer to it's power band at that speed

this is gay because

4.10 diffs ftw

top speed 118 - save that stupid lets see max speed on highway vendetta gumball 3000 i dont care if i go to jail bs

acceleration

yes

bigtisas
02-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Do it again? This time tape it and put the video on youtube.

Ross
02-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Change your oil

shrike071
02-03-2007, 08:47 AM
C'mon - this is like high school. Spare the board the drama

indierthanthou
02-03-2007, 11:57 AM
ROFLcopters

skr
02-03-2007, 12:23 PM
funny thread this "i went 160!!! ; no you didn't" what's the big deal anyway?

hey, flamin'... turbo it and do 180 :)

Traian
02-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I know most ppl are just waiting for this to die, but i had to add one more thing. Even if the 160mph photo is real (which I think it is) and he did actually see 160 on the dial (which I think he did) it doesn't prove that the car went 160.

Why do car magazines spend 30 grand on expensive telemetry equipment? Because the car's speedometer is not that accurate. New cars are designed to read about 2mph high (on average, I think BMW and VW differ the most, according to a European Car article from way back in the day) at 60 mph. That's one thing. But that difference is probably not linear, so even on a new car I would expect the speedometer to be 'out' by more than 4 mph at 120, etc... On an old car, who knows what damage might have happened to the cable, speed sending unit, etc... And finally, the diff was replaced, so the speed sending unit is getting different pulses.

So I guess my point is I don't doubt the 'Cow on his observations, but no photo of the speedometer/video/sworn testimony/letter from the president/etc... can prove that the car went that fast.

Alexlind123
02-03-2007, 09:25 PM
I know most ppl are just waiting for this to die, but i had to add one more thing. Even if the 160mph photo is real (which I think it is) and he did actually see 160 on the dial (which I think he did) it doesn't prove that the car went 160.

Why do car magazines spend 30 grand on expensive telemetry equipment? Because the car's speedometer is not that accurate. New cars are designed to read about 2mph high (on average, I think BMW and VW differ the most, according to a European Car article from way back in the day) at 60 mph. That's one thing. But that difference is probably not linear, so even on a new car I would expect the speedometer to be 'out' by more than 4 mph at 120, etc... On an old car, who knows what damage might have happened to the cable, speed sending unit, etc... And finally, the diff was replaced, so the speed sending unit is getting different pulses.

So I guess my point is I don't doubt the 'Cow on his observations, but no photo of the speedometer/video/sworn testimony/letter from the president/etc... can prove that the car went that fast.

No speedo cable on the 535, bud.

AngryPopTart
02-05-2007, 03:16 PM
lollerblades! It would have been more believable if his sig picture contained what type of tires he used and if he had posted info about how he had as a precaution, aired up his tires to the correct pressure to compensate for the very high speeds.

Digita1 Ecstasy
02-05-2007, 09:57 PM
**** i put 4.27s in my 535 and it still had plenty of ass left at 130, i think the short gears are faster as it puts the engine closer to it's power band at that speed

u serious? Thats what they quote on diffsonline

Though I could remember incorrectly. My friend has a 4.10 diff only and he has half a car length past me by 65

I want but i spend too much on booze :(

Flamin'Cow
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Errr, thats like normal behaviour anyway isn't it? - part of the weekly check? Oil level, coolant level, tyre pressures, wind-shield washer resevoir level, power steering fluid level, brake fluid level.....pretty easy to check (and top up) if needed......

And obviously tyres are THE MOST important item on the car....afterall - they are what is in contact with the road (unless you go over a speed-bump - LOL)

I have fitted on the rear - slightly oversized continentals (as I prefer the harder compound on the back for getting the arse-end out) and Goodyear Eagles F1's on the front (nice and grippy for fast corners).

I have tried other tyres such a Bridgestone Potenzas, Toyo Proxies and various other (cheaper) makes before, but have found that this soft-front/hard-back ratio works best for me on RWD. Its mainly for cost reasons than anything else - as you can probably imagine I'm usually always first off at the lights and do tend to accelerate a tad too hard (have gone through a set of engine/gearbox steady-bushes already - and have only had the car for like 6months) - the harder compound on the rear gives me longer life on the tyres and to a certain extent ensures that I'm not pulling burnouts/drifting at every opportunity (less grip on the back = slippy-slidy).

Also when braking (obviously) much of the weight of the vehicle is shifted to the front - I have 4-pots, cross-drilled vented disks and 'red-stuff' pads, but again - if the tyres aren;t up to scratch it doesn't matter how good your brakes are - you'll just slide (hence the softer compound on the front).

Whilst on the subject of brakes, I actually prefer the EBC 'green-stuff' pads over the 'Red' - admittedly, they do wear ALOT quicker (especially with grooved rotors), but they also give excellent braking right from the word go, where as the Reds need 2-3 miles of "athletic" driving each-time before they are warm....

I also prefer drums on the rear, which is why my E30 320i retains her original brake set-up...mind you, she also has a Mercedes Sprinter Radiator and off-road tyres - but then, I don't use her on the road (she's my "slag" for 'having it' around the estate...) - there is nothing quite like a 10-acre field of long, wet, grass for getting it sideways - lol..... (however, as I found out- after I blew the second 320 rad - BMW don't take into consideration long periods at 4-5000rmp in 2nd gear.....)

Sorry for having bought this thread back to the top when; (as Traian said) "most people are just waiting for it to die" - but hey, just thought you'd like to know all this........

Yes I'm stupid, foolish, reckless - (sigh) whatever.......

Kind regards

Flamin'Cow