PDA

View Full Version : screw on top of radiator expansion tank ?

scott 4991
02-01-2007, 09:36 PM
I have looked at my expansion tank and do not see the referenced bleed 'screw' - does anyone have a picture of this screw. I'd like to see where it's located.

Radiator mounted expansion tank:
1. Loosen the bleed screw on top of radiator expansion tank and let the coolant flow out as you pour it in the reservoir. Tighten the screw when the flow out is free of air bubbles.
Separate expansion tank:
1. Loosen the bleed screw on top of thermostat housing and let the coolant flow out as you pour it in the reservoir. Tighten the screw when the flow out is smooth and free of air bubbles.

*** I do see a bleeder screw coming of my radiator hose..

Thanks

sc

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-01-2007, 09:46 PM
I have looked at my expansion tank and do not see the referenced bleed 'screw' - does anyone have a picture of this screw. I'd like to see where it's located.

Radiator mounted expansion tank:
1. Loosen the bleed screw on top of radiator expansion tank and let the coolant flow out as you pour it in the reservoir. Tighten the screw when the flow out is free of air bubbles.
Separate expansion tank:
1. Loosen the bleed screw on top of thermostat housing and let the coolant flow out as you pour it in the reservoir. Tighten the screw when the flow out is smooth and free of air bubbles.

*** I do see a bleeder screw coming of my radiator hose..

Thanks

sc

Look more like M20 bleeder.

M30 has the expansion tank on the firewall

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-01-2007, 09:48 PM
http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_19.htm

scott 4991
02-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Thanks guys, I know where the thermostat bleed screw is, but the one on the expansion tank I can't find. I do not think there is one, but I may be wrong, this is why I ask the question.

Alexlind123
02-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys, I know where the thermostat bleed screw is, but the one on the expansion tank I can't find. I do not think there is one, but I may be wrong, this is why I ask the question.

There isnt one.

John B.
02-02-2007, 09:39 AM

Since your car does not have a radiator mounted expansion tank the post you originally quoted does not apply to your car. The only coolant bleed screw on a 535i is on the thermostat housing.

scott 4991
02-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks, just what I needed to know.

sc