PDA

View Full Version : Bad Fuel Smell,'90 525i- 200K

COT1
02-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Gonna replace all fuel lines, there pretty britel anyway.
Just did a head job as well as all belts.
NEED a good suplyer of fuel line hose as well as aprox. the number of Feet I'll need.
Any addvice APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I checked the back post The only one close was by Shogun who had replaced all fuel hoses on a 12 cyl. but no # of footes needed for job other than just buy a bunch and through away the rest.

clindahl
02-02-2007, 09:41 AM
I have a 89 525i which I'm in the process of chaning out the fuel lines. On the supply and return in the engine bay I needed a little over 4 feet for each line, supply and return.

From the Tank to the filter and such under the car and in the rear i haven't changed those yet, I ordered more line for that. So that should give you alteast the engine compartment idea.

All the hose on my car is 8mm which I have ordered from pelican parts, they sell it per meter at a reasonable price. Also if the hose clamps look rusted, spend a few $$ and replace them all with good quality EFI clamps.

COT1
02-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Clindahl, thanks for the info. Gonna start tomorow morn.
the # of feet help, found good hose localy [8mm].
Let me know how you're doing with yours.

clindahl
02-09-2007, 10:07 AM
I changed out the rear lines also, they were dated late 1988 which makes sense because my car is a 1989, and let me tell you they were cracked and ROCK solid, that was kinda scary. I used all of about 4 1/2 feet total in the rear, I though the runs were going to be longer than that, but they were not. I also changed the fuel filter while I was there, and replaced the hose clamps because quite a few of them where one time use clamps.