PDA

View Full Version : E34 M5 -- 1129 hp -- 8-sec. 1/4 mile . . .

gale
01-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Forgive me if this has already posted. Awesome display of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M63QZuVY--s

Digita1 Ecstasy
01-31-2007, 08:41 PM
i must admit im surprised how swiftly it took off and caught up but. Stupid.

buy a camero and do this for half the price, have to detune the car to 400hp to make it trackable. it sadens me when bmws only see straight lines instead of turns :(

Sam-Son
01-31-2007, 08:52 PM
i must admit im surprised how swiftly it took off and caught up but. Stupid.

buy a camero and do this for half the price, have to detune the car to 400hp to make it trackable. it sadens me when bmws only see straight lines instead of turns :(
Agreed; Bimmers aren't drag cars there fast but there more fun when it gets twisty

AngryPopTart
01-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Agreed, agreed, agreed! When I hear 1000+hp, I want to see an IMSA car blaze through the turns, not a 5er going in a straight line. If someone is going to dump so much money into building a 1000+hp 5er for drag purposes, they may as well just build a funny car that looks like a BMW. Seems like an awful waste to only get an 8 sec 1/4. It's like putting a top-fueler engine in a '76 El Dorado. Stop wasting time, plz!

ILoveMPower
02-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Wasting time? I think not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O473s7eSq1g

Macv
02-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Yeah, this is an all around great car. I'd really like to see it in person

Matt P
02-03-2007, 02:05 AM
I have to agree with you. If there is one defining (dynamic) memory of the M5 Touring I used to own, it was it's handling, not it's raw power.

At the Lone Star CCA DE Events I attened (at Motorsport Ranch, S. of Ft. Worth - 1.7M / 11 turns), what I was dealing with on the track 99% of the time was my own limits as a driver, and not those of the M5T I was driving. (My limits may be less than yours due to bad motion sickness, which also makes flying in small planes a nightmare for me).

Raw power had it place, but in the videos I see here, I see a track machine, not somethig one would drive every day.

The Bigfella
02-03-2007, 04:22 AM
Agreed - and its all an equation that says, as the power goes up, the time between rebuilds goes down - exponentially.

jjdickm
02-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I think it is a hell of a achievement. I would love to pull up next to a corvette or viper and blow thier doors off with a sedan out of the early nities car. I agree there should be a balance. but if you have 8 second car thats not going to be a stock suspension. I bet it still does well through turns.