PDA

View Full Version : taking car alarm and putting on another

cooljules
01-31-2007, 12:13 AM
hey all

The black 520i i have has a G5 Clifford alarm. my new 525i doesnt have one, i know the alarm has only black cables, so i guess it needs a app dealer to remove and fit, but is it worth it? any pitfalls? I liked the alarm and imob and locking system...be great if i could transfer it
ta for any advice

Ok just rememberd the 520 has a tow bar and double elec sockets, new car has nothing...ok i have never towed owt, but advice on removal and fitting would be good..and having a tow bar...does it cause more drag ;-)

Tiger
01-31-2007, 12:09 PM
You could transfer it yourself if you follow wire per wire on both car... they must match to get it right.

I'd pull out the tow bar in case you want to use it in future. Handy to have once in a while.

cooljules
01-31-2007, 05:54 PM
You could transfer it yourself if you follow wire per wire on both car... they must match to get it right.

I'd pull out the tow bar in case you want to use it in future. Handy to have once in a while.

Yeah, i never used it, or the one now on my touring, but yes you never know! its a double too compared to a single socket on the touring..