PDA

View Full Version : OT: the forgotten oldtimer collection

shogun
01-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Look at these cars. Can someone understand the language? Spanish?
http://forum.autohoje.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97706&whichpage=7

BMWCCA1
01-29-2007, 03:13 PM
I seem to recall when someone sent me that link a while back that it was in Central or South America. Maybe Portuguese? What a find!

nizmainiac
01-29-2007, 03:29 PM
portugese?

colo525i
01-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Definitely portugese. oops.. missed the photos at first glance. http://www.interclassico.com/index.php?action=pach I believe these are the lost classics they are linking to in the forum..

Arxon
01-29-2007, 03:51 PM
it is portugese, the translation is something like this:
This was without a doubt one of the most fantastic discoveries that already vi.... One more time he is proven that in Portugal good people exist very good taste (and very €€€)no that touches the automobiles… Áparte of that touches to them you defend that they had led to the enclausuramento (and who knows the history of the Motion of Portuguese production Nacional Sport has one of the reasons and more strange outcomes....), this enclausuramento me does not seem that has been efectudo without thinking… I think that the equipment that if can see is units of ventilation and the isolation of some walls seems esperovite.. .

BMWCCA1
01-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Is not Portuguese the language of Brazil, too? Or was this in Portugal? I thought I was told this stash was in S. America.
Portuguese is the official language, and the first language of most of the population of Angola, Brazil, Portugal and São Tomé and Príncipe, and it is the most widely used language in Mozambique. It is also one of the official languages of East Timor (with Tetum) and Macau (with Chinese).

It is widely spoken, though not official, in Andorra, Luxembourg, Paraguay, South Africa, and Namibia.

grave77
01-29-2007, 05:24 PM
it's amazing .. it just makes u speechless ... some cars worth a fortune how if some one owns these all !!

632 Regal
01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
looks more like an auto graveyard than a storage facility.

grave77
01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I was going to say exactly the same thing :P needs some sad classic music when u view it.

Zeuk in Oz
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Who in their right mind would store an Hillman Imp ?

Very sad........

Nick.Hay
01-30-2007, 03:17 AM
Looks like something out of Raiders of the Lost Ark!!

What an awesome collection...

tclucas
01-30-2007, 03:28 AM
Judging by the places posted I would think it is Portugese.

Look at these cars. Can someone understand the language? Spanish?
http://forum.autohoje.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97706&whichpage=7

shogun
01-30-2007, 11:31 PM
yes it is Portugal and around Lisbon in various places.

The collector was known in Europe among insiders and collected mainly Lancia, but apperently took almost everything what he could get.
He recently died.
Where all the cars had been stored all over Portugal took quite some time to find out, said to be several hundred.
Meanwhile they believe that all locations are known.

The value of the found cars has been fixed by the tax authorities at 2 million EURO. (estimated as seen).
The major portion of the car collection is meanwhile sold.