PDA

View Full Version : Possible 3 series buy.

aston_jag_tech
01-29-2007, 02:19 AM
94 325I White/black int. Convertible. 115K Auto.
Shifts fine, it might have driveability issue when wot(need to drive more)
Suspensions tight. Shocks ok, brakes ok, tires ok.

Needs lower rockers painted black, minor scratches on bumper, needs RH fog light, Alignment, needs leather stitch work on top of rear seat(due to sun damage), May need to flush hydraulic fluid for conv. top. Rear window is blurry like any other.

Very clean inside. Dual climate control. Aftermarket CD player.

Owner is asking 7k-8500k

I think high 4k-5k.

I know it needs an alignment for sure, need to fix the leather, fix the center facia vent slider, assume doing a tune up, rh fog light assembly, paint rockers and bumpers. There alone will be atleast $600-$1000

What do you 3-series guys think???
Ill have some photos up tomorrow or tuesday after I lift up her skirt and check underneath.

winfred
01-29-2007, 09:21 AM
doesn't sound bad, the top is not hydraulic it's motorized, the rear window is a zip in on the factory top (may still be a job for a pro though) wot surgeing is usually a weak 02 sensor, rear wheel bearings suck on e36s and it takes a special tool to do them

aston_jag_tech
01-31-2007, 02:31 AM
thanks for the info winfred. Going to thoroughly inspect it tomorrow.

About my WOT issue, a slow o2 will cause that slight burst of accel while still flooring? ->Scenario... while im cruising its sending back a signal of "cruise" mixture...and when I WOT, it does not see WOT until the 02 sensor catches up. Yeah?

I might just hook up the o-scope if i have enough time and check that signal.

winfred
01-31-2007, 09:16 AM
the sensor probably still works it's just that it takes a higher temp to get the same voltage so the sensor acts slow/lags behind the computer's adjustments and screws with the mixture

thanks for the info winfred. Going to thoroughly inspect it tomorrow.

About my WOT issue, a slow o2 will cause that slight burst of accel while still flooring? ->Scenario... while im cruising its sending back a signal of "cruise" mixture...and when I WOT, it does not see WOT until the 02 sensor catches up. Yeah?

I might just hook up the o-scope if i have enough time and check that signal.

aston_jag_tech
01-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks winfred..

tonyvt328is
02-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Id worry about mech. issues more than cosmetic. You have to be able to drive it no matter what it looks like. Multible problems could set you back serevral $$$$

Im finding out the hard way. Mine looks great but put $1500. so far in fixing.

Brakes, driveshaft...

my 2c

good luck