PDA

View Full Version : I love cheap fixes!

Fahad
01-28-2007, 01:07 AM
had an annoying problem since i got my 525 auto

"ESD regelt" and "brake lt circut" messages were dissplaying continously on my dash.

the other problem was that the shifting light on the dash ..im not sure what its called (the one shows which gear your in by displaying P,N,D etc) would appear for few secounds only after i start the car and disapears untill the next start up

i searched and read that soldering the CCM will take the ESD regelt message away.. so i pull the CCM and opened the plastic cover..gave a small electroincs shop 2$ to resolder it since i don't have the tools myself and don't have steady hands either :D

re installed the CCM and started the car
no more ESD regelt and brake light message!
and as a bonus, the shiffting light works permanently now from the moment i start the car till i shut it down!

thoght sharing this might be useful :)

Jehu
01-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Did you get the front end shaking fixed?

bigtisas
01-28-2007, 02:48 AM
$2! That's cheap.

Fahad
01-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Did you get the front end shaking fixed?

not yet

after installing new leforder lower arms to go along with the new thrust arms and tie rods, i rebalanced all tyres. that reduced the 50-60 shimmy but now i get a different vibration wich starts again at 50 mph and on..so this is a bit confusing.

vibration gets worse and worse as the speed goes up and it gets scary when i reach 140-160 kmh (around 100 mph)..
i feel its comming from the bottom center of the car and shakes the seats and the steering wheel

mechanic suggests checking the drive shaft this time so im taking the car to the shop again this afternoon..

im praying my whole drive shaft isn't shot cuz the price here for new one is like $1k

BillionPa
01-28-2007, 11:49 AM
could just be the center bearing and flex disk need replacement.

Fahad
01-28-2007, 12:41 PM
could just be the center bearing and flex disk need replacement.

there is a center bearing in my car but no flex disk! (thats what mechanic confirmed)
its an auto 93 525

since the 80-100 kmh vibration solved..next will be changing the center bearing and see how that effects the 130 kmh and above vibration.
thx