PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control spazz out?

Jehu
01-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Tonight the cruise control was falking out. The pedal would depress an inch or so then flap back up then back and up etc. I could feel it with my foot.Is this a known symptom of a failure soemwhere or it is just freaking out that it hasn't been above 13 degrees F for a few days.It was 3 degree F when this started happening...BTW the No Leak (http://www.goldeagle.com/no-leak/faqs_no-leak.asp?sub_cat=Green%20Leaks) stuff is still working...

colo525i
01-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Watch your speedo for minute variations. Sounds like the same problem i've been having and i'm pretty sure it is the speed sensor in the differential. It has been far too cold for me to get under the car and replace it for the past 6 weeks now though. :(

Jehu
01-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Hmmm if that is it i wonder if all the hole shots I've been doing from stops and red lights because i don't want to stall and the new clutch is so touchy.. is this sensor a plug on easy to swap out cheap part or is it inside the diff requiring a whole new part?

colo525i
01-27-2007, 01:50 AM
It bolts to the outside of the diff, around $30. Not sure how hard it is to do yet!

Jehu
01-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Well,happy am I to report the CC issue was gone today.Must have been the single digit cold temps...