PDA

View Full Version : Control arms and front suspension questions

BMWfreak
04-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Since my front wheels feel like they are about ready to fall off when I brake and I get slight (not too big) shimmy at 60mph, I think that it is finally time I invested in the front suspension. I think I should replace both upper and lower control arms (I don't know which are responsible for the shimmy), but since I do this is there anything else I might want to replace ?
Also, how long does it take to replace both sides, I am asking because I will not be able to do it myself and want to figure out how much will the shop charge me.
Thanks,
Daniel

Travelfeet
04-26-2004, 03:49 PM
but doing both is a good idea. For time estimates do a search of the forum, there's lots on the board about this, though most of it is probably DIY estimates. A shop would likely be quicker. With good tools and a lift this is not that big a job. Its a matter of hours, not days.

Since my front wheels feel like they are about ready to fall off when I brake and I get slight (not too big) shimmy at 60mph, I think that it is finally time I invested in the front suspension. I think I should replace both upper and lower control arms (I don't know which are responsible for the shimmy), but since I do this is there anything else I might want to replace ?
Also, how long does it take to replace both sides, I am asking because I will not be able to do it myself and want to figure out how much will the shop charge me.
Thanks,
Daniel