PDA

View Full Version : Wurth Rubber care = Gummi Pflege?

Alpinewhite
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I asked for replacement of Gummi pflege from dealer. He gave me something called Wurth rubber care. Anyone used it?

BTW, what is the material of Dash board in our cars? Can I use rubber care products to prevent it from cracking?

Thanks
Arun

Russell
01-26-2007, 09:06 PM
No. However it not bad. It not gel like as is the BMW Gummi pflege was. It was discontinued for some reason and not really beeen rplaced.

I use Aerospace 300 on my dash. It has low gloss with high UV protection. Available at many boat shops, auto upholstery shops and some sporting good stores.

dennyg
01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
I buy a molded carpet and velcro it to my cars dash and then only have to vacuum to keep it nice. You can match what ever color you have there but I always use black ......I think its called dashmat....

Alan_525i
01-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Rubber care is NOT appropriate for the dashboards. You should use Aerospace as someone else suggested or Vinylex (which I use).

Rubber care is for door/trunk seals and...well thats pretty much it. I guess you could use it on rubber hoses but it really won't have any effect on their longevity.