PDA

View Full Version : E34 V12

colamangr
01-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Hello everybody!

I bought an engine with gearbox from a 750i e32 for my e34 520. I would like you to tell me(if you know) what am i going to need for this conversion.

Thank you!
Akis

winfred
01-25-2007, 09:47 AM
the braking system mod's are the biggest thing, a vacuum booster on the firewall is in the way, so is the abs pump, the pump is behind/below the left headlight on the 750 and a hydrobooster running off the power steering is how the 750 deals with the brake booster, eml is the next thing unless you want to go with a standalone fuel system and cable actuated throttle bodys, if not you need all of the components for the electronic throttle system, beyond that it's just a lot of screwing and wiring, not sure what driveshaft solutions there are

BillionPa
01-25-2007, 10:30 AM
the suspension would need to be modified for the extra weight. stock height performance springs in the front would become lowering springs.

move the battery to the truck to balance a bit of the weight, and if you can get rid of the air conditioning system.

suggest getting some big ass brakes! 4pot fronts, vented rears.

RallyD
01-25-2007, 11:27 AM
maybe I'm retarded but isn't the battery already in the back, under the seat?

this guy has done a few swaps http://www.koalamotorsport.com/parts-home.asp

J.DeFeo
01-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I know this doesn't help at all but GOD DAMN would a 550i with a V12 be awesome. When I have unlimited money I'm doing this.

shogun
01-25-2007, 11:56 AM
as for the electronic problem in case of a manual gear, read all here and use the search for 'henrike30'.
You need the EGS signal. I have explained it to him and it runs now.
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/202044/
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/202117
etc.

DaveVoorhis
01-25-2007, 01:19 PM
maybe I'm retarded but isn't the battery already in the back, under the seat?
Not necessarily. Could either be under the seat or under the hood.

winfred
01-25-2007, 01:21 PM
i already had 750 brakes on my 535, vented rears and 28mm thick fronts, ****er would absorb some heat, weight is not a big deal, i think a m70 only runs about 70# more then a m30, you'd need to relocate the battery if it is a front battery car for the room

the suspension would need to be modified for the extra weight. stock height performance springs in the front would become lowering springs.

move the battery to the truck to balance a bit of the weight, and if you can get rid of the air conditioning system.

suggest getting some big ass brakes! 4pot fronts, vented rears.

colamangr
01-25-2007, 04:51 PM
So from what i see i will need the braking system of the 750. I already have the M5 calipers and discs so i am ok! Now about the eml... I don't want it. What should i do? Cables and a standalone only? Why the standalone? The battery is under the rear seat. Can i use the auto tranny? what about the electronics? what does it needs there?

angrypancake
01-25-2007, 05:28 PM
i have nothing to contribute except the fact that when you finish the 550i i'd like your m5.... you know since you wont be driving it and all.

Jon K
01-25-2007, 05:29 PM
If you dont want the EML and you don't know why you want a standalone, you really really really need to understand what you're doing.

CharlesAFerg
01-25-2007, 07:04 PM
If you dont want the EML and you don't know why you want a standalone, you really really really need to understand what you're doing.

Now now Jon, just because you don't know how to do it, doesn't mean you have to dissuade others!
:D
lol

Jon K
01-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Now now Jon, just because you don't know how to do it, doesn't mean you have to dissuade others!
:D
lol

You're right - I need to read up.