PDA

View Full Version : Very sad day for me...

///Sniper535
01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
A lady driver rapidly stops because she almost missed her left turn. There is no turning lane so she has to stop in the lane. Long story short... this happened...

http://legendarydesignz-cp.com/Image000.jpg

http://legendarydesignz-cp.com/Image004.jpg

Spice Boy
01-24-2007, 09:11 PM
:O :(

I feel for you! :(

Thayne
01-24-2007, 09:50 PM
:( That sucks

acidfire52
01-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear. I hope they did not ticket you for that.
Idiot drivers, think they can do whatever they want on the road without any regard for others. :(

Denton
01-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Eeesh! Whose "fault" legally was it?

///Sniper535
01-24-2007, 11:44 PM

Not sure. It's a super busy ave. and she was stopped in the lane. A car was obstructing my view so i had no idea. She was driving a '98 Blazer and her rear bumper is what did all the damage to mainly the grill.

Alexlind123
01-24-2007, 11:46 PM

Its almost always the fault of the following driver. /shrug

Dave M
01-25-2007, 06:00 AM
Assessment of damage yet?

Did you manage to bend the rad support or damage the rad?

Both fenders, one fender, no fenders? Looks like the pass. side fender suffered at minimum, some paint removal.

Barring frame damage, if you've only smoked your hood, grille/lights/bumper, ins. may decide to fix it. I had a difficult time getting mine repaired when I damaged the rad support, hood, fender and lights.

Sorry to hear, but it'll come good ;)

Dave M
01-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Some pics to make you feel better :) Black cars look best bent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/Hunting%20Accident/CAR-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/Hunting%20Accident/CAR-2.jpg

Dave M

///Sniper535
01-25-2007, 07:32 AM
That looks a lot like my damage...

I need to check out the damage in the sunlight today.

Dave M
01-25-2007, 08:22 AM
For reference, that entailed replacing:

rad support
pass. side fender
hood
bumper trim
grilles
pass. side lights
paint matching all applicable

the parts list was two pages long :D

Cost = ~$6000 CAN. I had to prove the car was worthy with records of repairs and maintenance. Also, the ins. compant sent a professional appraiser to assess the overall condition. Even though there were almost 300k miles on it, the appraiser stated it was in great shape and they fixed it.

we_call_him_doher
01-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Damn, sorry about that. I don't know about laws in other places, but I will tell you that when my dad rear ended an old lady (who shouldn't have been driving) because she stopped for no reason in the middle of a busy street, it was still his fault.

She said she thought she saw a squirrel. :)

Best of luck to you.

Macv
01-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Thats depressing, just dont let the repair shop hook you up with mismatching hood/grill.

Hope it turns out alright.

Dave M
01-25-2007, 10:12 AM
She said she thought she saw a squirrel. :)

That 'defence' shouldn't hold water, at least around these parts. I believe there is a term for it, akin to "phantom deer defence". Whatever its termed, it prevents those who stop, swerve for no apparent reason from pleading that an animal was to blame. "I wasn't drunk or sleeping, it was an animal". The courts feel that if you can't prove it (ie:witnesses or blood and fur on your vehicle), you can't use it.

Maybe grandmas are exempt? ;)

Dave M

94530inh
01-25-2007, 10:26 AM
if you live in the new england area, there is a great salvage yard in concord nh that would sell you those parts real cheap.. prob giving you enough money left over to mod some more

Alexlind123
01-25-2007, 10:27 AM
That 'defence' shouldn't hold water, at least around these parts. I believe there is a term for it, akin to "phantom deer defence". Whatever its termed, it prevents those who stop, swerve for no apparent reason from pleading that an animal was to blame. "I wasn't drunk or sleeping, it was an animal". The courts feel that if you can't prove it (ie:witnesses or blood and fur on your vehicle), you can't use it.

Maybe grandmas are exempt? ;)

Dave M

Besides, a squirrel would not be a defense regardless of whether or not it was real. You cant endanger other drivers because of an animal too small to do damage to your car.

Dave M
01-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Besides, a squirrel would not be a defense regardless of whether or not it was real. You cant endanger other drivers because of an animal too small to do damage to your car.

But it was rabid squirrel with roller skates and a wiffle ball bat ;)

DanDombrowski
01-25-2007, 10:53 AM
What?!

I always thought that was a perfect excuse! C'mon Dave, don't make us responsible....

When I was 16 I crashed my Volvo into a curb, went over the curb, and hit a tree (which kept me from going into a lake) because I took a curve way too fast. I blamed it on swerving for a duck. I think the tow truck driver and the cop genuinely believed it, but my mother wasn't fooled.

califblue
01-25-2007, 11:04 AM
look like a total repaint to me and your back sure does hurt
F the Bitch

92E34
01-25-2007, 01:16 PM
I feel bad for you.

Let me know if you need anything. I've got a set of Ellipsoids sitting on my dining room table.

My buddy's got a junkyard that just got in a 525it in black and all the body from the front doors forward are good. Heck even the engine still runs.

///Sniper535
01-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I have a hood, and an aftermarket radiator support, but i really would like to do the wider grill/hood option. I also want the M5 bumpers. that parts shouldn't be more than 1000. So All i can do now is wait and see how the claim goes.

Alexlind123
01-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I have a hood, and an aftermarket radiator support, but i really would like to do the wider grill/hood option. I also want the M5 bumpers. that parts shouldn't be more than 1000. So All i can do now is wait and see how the claim goes.

Her bust will be fuller, but we will all know it isnt real.