PDA

View Full Version : lock car & flash turn signals?

Russell
01-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Has anyone figured out how to make the turn signals flash when car is locked/unlocked with remote. My car is a 95 525i built 1/95

I am tired of the horn sounding every time I lock/unlock the car. I need to look-up the technique to turn the sound off. However, I would like a visual indicaton that the car is locked. any thoughts if this is even possible, much less done at low cost? TIA

Rus
01-23-2007, 09:02 PM
I did it when I installed my alarm. I tapped into the wiring for the hazard light switch. To determine the proper wires to connect I tested the switch behavior with a multimeter. I believe there should be four wires in the connector. Two close the circuit for the hazards and two operate the bulb inside the switch. You can carefully pry the switch apart and see what contact does what. Your alarm should have an output to flash the lights already so its just a matter of hooking up a trigger wire.

Russell
01-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Factory alarm? If yours is a factory alarm I may have an output. If not it seems as if the output to the "chirper" should be an appropiate trigger?? If so, in this case, I do not want to turn off the chirper, just redirect or have both. Thanks for the thought. It just might work no matter if factory or secondary market alarm.

Rus
01-23-2007, 10:34 PM
I have a Viper alarm so not factory. I believe all that is needed is a positive 12V signal. So if the horn wire gets +12V, you should be able to tap another wire off of it and run the turn signals that way.

Russell
01-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks. I believe Its doable.