PDA

View Full Version : WTB - a set of OEM wheels

Kamil
04-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Hello,
it turns out that all four wheels on my 535 are bent. All bents are on the inside, hence invisible from outside the car.

I currently have the OEM 15" basket-weavers (sp?) with very nice Michelin tires, so I would like to buy the same wheels, but if someone has some other OEM wheels in 16" or 17" with no tires, or street-friendly (no high perf.) all-season tires for a decent price, I would be very interested.

I'm looking to spend as little as possible as I plan on buying a house soon and the funds are a little tight.

Let me know by email or by posting here.
kamil_13 AT yahoo.com

Thanks,
-Kamil

Kamil
04-26-2004, 11:24 AM
BTW - NYC/NNJ and Boston area preferred, I wanna avoid shipping (addn'l cost :p )

Kamil
04-27-2004, 08:16 AM
No one has wheels for sale in the northeast?

I've been searching, but unsuccesfully so far; am I looking in all the wrong places? :(

-K

Mr Project
04-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Keep looking on Roadflea if you aren't already. Remember that a lot of E39 rims make nice upgrades for an E34.

And wow, you bent the 15" basketweaves? That must have been one heck of an impact!!

Kamil
04-27-2004, 02:10 PM
And wow, you bent the 15" basketweaves? That must have been one heck of an impact!!

Nope, bought the car ike that.

Elekta
04-27-2004, 02:30 PM
I just bought $640 worth of Michelin xgtv4's for my touring last week. I was planning on buying T-Stars, and couldn't wait for the right deal to come along so I bought new rubber for my basketweaves.

I was asking $125 per basketweave, and since I own two E34's I was allowing the buyer to choose the best 4 out 6 wheels (my wife's spare and my spare thrown in)

I have less than 200 miles on the Michelins, fresh from sears with full roadside warranty and lifetime balance.

I'd take $1100 plus shipping if you just take my four with the new tires.

They are all true that I can guarantee, though to be mint, they should be refinished.
http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/left_front.jpg
that's more need of refinishing than it is curb rashed, and that's probably the worst one...and that's the old rubber

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/4b841c27.jpg

new rubber taken today. If you're serious, email me and I'll take pics of each wheel.
http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/DSCN1064.jpg

geoff

talltorontoguy
04-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Kamil,

I've got a set of four that are straight, with rubber. I'm in Toronto though... so shipping might be an issue for you unless you feel like an 8 hour drive from NYC?

Rod

western99
04-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Kamil,

I've got a set of four that are straight, with rubber. I'm in Toronto though... so shipping might be an issue for you unless you feel like an 8 hour drive from NYC?

Rod

Where are you located in TO. What kind of wheels are you selling. I live in TO and am looking for a set. Let me know.

brian

Kamil
04-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Ok, I'm about to sound like a lil whiney b|tch...

Geoff - I can't possibly pay $1100 for these wheels and tires, especially since my my tires are in great shape, and they're also Michelins (don't remember which ones).

Rod - I'm looking strictly in the northeast U.S. Thanks.

...and the search goes on....

-Kamil

Kamil
04-27-2004, 07:57 PM
wait... Geoff... would you be willing to sell the two "left-overs" that you have?

Elekta
04-27-2004, 09:47 PM
I dont have left overs. I have two E34's that have spares. My offer has always been (for the life of me I can't figure out this get's misunderstood) that the buyer could choose the best 4 wheels of 6. BUT there are only 4 wheels for sale. Why would anyone sell just their spare wheel and tire for goodness sakes...or their wife's?

My reasoning for this is simple, the spares never saw the pavement, and as such are not pitted, do not have the finish worn off from brake dust, and over diligent use of worn out bong washing brushes, or in the worst instance, a little curb rash.

Having 2 extra "choices" added value IMO.

short answer: I am currently very happy that I don't have to listen to severely cupped tires whining all the time, and thus am more happy with my basketweaves than I was previously. I'd still like to get T-Stars, and though my baskets are maybe worth only $75-100 each, I'm not eating $640's worth of tasty 139mph michelin rubber that still have nubbins and scantron stickers on them. When I bought my touring, I had a bent wheel and a bottle cap for a spare, I bought 2 true ones from my indy for $125ea, so that's how I set my price, and they weren't refinished either.

If I were to get full value on the rubber, and someone to pay the shipping, that would hardly make it to $1000...so I guess I have no real deal to offer.

later

Johntee540
04-27-2004, 10:38 PM
They are the originals from my 540 - I upgraded to 17in Type 5 Wheels with Toyo. Make an offer - JT

Kamil
05-08-2004, 12:54 PM
still looking... anywhere near Boston or NYC, no exceptions.
Thanks,
-Kamil