PDA

View Full Version : ///M-power3\\\ is MIA, owes me and others $$$

jbraswell
01-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Note to fellow members:

I bought, well payed for at least, a trunk lid/gas door from ///M-power3\\\ a month ago. I sent him $200, in the form of a cashiers check, on the 14th of December. According to him, the check arrived onthe 17th. I have had sporadic contact with him over the last month or so, but still no parts. My last PM from him was last Monday, saying he made a mistake and he would make it worth my while.. I told him to throw in a set of kidneys and it was all good. Since then... nothing. I'm not trying to whine, I have been extremely patient through this but I think now is the time for it to stop. If anyone knows ///M-power3\\\ personally or knows of some way to contact him I would appreciate it.

Jonathan

Dave M
01-22-2007, 07:25 PM
FWIW, according to his profile, his last activity was Tuesday the 16th, 6:10 PM EST. So, he hasn't been around here since the day after he pm'ed you, unless he was 'guesting it'.

Macv
01-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Storm/snow could have gotten him. Just wait a little longer. Sorry

Robert K
01-22-2007, 08:19 PM
I bought some lights that ended up being pitted pretty badly when I got them. So Jeff agreed to refund some of the money which I thought was a very nice gesture. However, that was a couple of weeks ago. As of yet, I haven't seen the refund. I'm trying to remain positive in hopes that he's just busy. He seems to be very sporadic in communications. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
1991 535i

jbraswell
01-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah he seems like a good guy, and I respect the fact that he's gone through a lot lately. But the lack of communication is what made me post this.. if I had been in contact with him regularly throughout this we wouldn't have a problem.

angrypancake
01-22-2007, 08:53 PM
that's Chris in long island right? JBraswell I will PM you his phone number.

jbraswell
01-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Is his name chris? I don't think I ever got it... RobertK says his name is Jeff, are there two different people with similar usernames possibly?

zmuff
01-23-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm on the list too, but will remain optimistically patient. He's been through some hard times.

aquapool
01-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Been waiting since before christmas! Trying to be very patient. He seems like a reputable seller on here. heard from him last monday. Said pickup was sched. for tues. and would immediately follow with tracking number. nothing since then. I know he has had a lot to deal with but I'm starting to wonder why I defend him when people ask: Damn wheres your tranny you got screwed!

mattyb
01-23-2007, 07:36 PM
has anyone ever met this guy?

Ferret
01-24-2007, 08:29 AM
There seems to be a scary common theme coming together here...

aquapool
01-24-2007, 11:06 AM
631-245-0789 (listed in Brentwood, NY)
I have not tried to call. Trying to be optimistic.
Name was Jeffrey Lyons on paypal account.

CarloE34
01-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Still i don't think its smart to put someones phonenumber on public places.
Although I can understand your anger.
Don't get me wrong but that is my idea.

jjdickm
01-24-2007, 06:48 PM
I purchased some stuff from him a couple of months ago I didn't have any problems. I think he was having some issues because someone close to him passed away. also there was allot of mail issues over the holidays so try to be pacient. good luck everyone.

aquapool
01-24-2007, 08:06 PM

Your probably right not my place to re-post. I would not have done it if it was not already public on here.

angrypancake
01-25-2007, 03:11 AM
631-245-0789 (listed in Brentwood, NY)
I have not tried to call. Trying to be optimistic.
Name was Jeffrey Lyons on paypal account.

thats strange cause he's in my speed dial as "Chris in LI, e34"

I'll call him tomorrow

RallyD
01-25-2007, 09:05 AM
he posted it in his own ad.

MPD47
01-25-2007, 11:45 AM
FWIW, I didnt have any problems with him (about $100 in parts). But I might've been the lucky one.

CarloE34
01-25-2007, 01:11 PM
he posted it in his own ad.

Okay,that i did not know.;)

jbraswell
01-30-2007, 11:27 AM
anyone heard anything yet? i guess I will give him a call if someone hasn't already.

aquapool
01-30-2007, 12:58 PM
He said he is in bed with three broken ribs after he hit a snow patch and slid off the road in a customers car. Can't get on the computer. Assured me my parts were picked up and to call him back friday if ups hasn't showed up by then.

anyone heard anything yet? i guess I will give him a call if someone hasn't already.

smcgowan
02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Anyone talked from him or email reponse? Getting very concerned. Out alot and no turbo kit. I'm a few days short of 2 months since payment. Last contact was right after christmas via PM stating that it was to be shipped that week.

Scott

jbraswell
02-08-2007, 06:45 PM
ttt... I talked to him over the phone over a week ago, said my stuff was on the way. I haven't gotten it yet. Anyone else get theres?

Macv
02-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Call up the mob, it's not lookin good.

KenB
02-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I know dis guy in Joisey...

jbraswell
02-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah, its definitely looking pretty grim.

aquapool
02-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Now what? nothing but voicemail now. Is it time to round up the posse?

jbraswell
02-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Its probably time to compile a list of everyone who is owed money, and call the cops. I've resolved a situation similar to this in the past with the police, and I hate to do it now, but it seems it is the only option. Whoever is owed money, can either post here or PM me and then we will go from there.

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-09-2007, 04:58 PM
$25

He was going to send be a center bumper panel since 12/04/06...

paid, but never came.

jbraswell
02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I paid $200 for a trunklid, gas door

632 Regal
02-10-2007, 01:54 AM
<-- not this Jeff!!!
I bought some lights that ended up being pitted pretty badly when I got them. So Jeff agreed to refund some of the money which I thought was a very nice gesture. However, that was a couple of weeks ago. As of yet, I haven't seen the refund. I'm trying to remain positive in hopes that he's just busy. He seems to be very sporadic in communications. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
1991 535i

632 Regal
02-10-2007, 02:01 AM
This sucks when regular member hit hard times and done send the stuff they were paid for, I was ganked out of a 3500.00 transmission which led to the demise of the thrill of the racecar.

The only thing I could recommend is paypal with a credit card in case you have problems. Certified check is good too but dont let a month pass before you do recourse. I myself got screwesd a while back on here, now I will only deal with members without problems and have been her at least a year active. The ones that disappear and come back seem to be trouble.

632 Regal
02-10-2007, 02:02 AM
This sucks when regular members hit hard times and dont send the stuff they were paid for, I was ganked out of a 3500.00 transmission which led to the demise of the thrill of the racecar.

The only thing I could recommend is paypal with a credit card in case you have problems. Certified check is good too but dont let a month pass before you do recourse. I myself got screwesd a while back on here, now I will only deal with members without problems and have been her at least a year active. The ones that disappear and come back seem to be trouble.

BigKriss
02-10-2007, 09:57 AM
I didn't know someone from here ****ed you?

This sucks when regular members hit hard times and dont send the stuff they were paid for, I was ganked out of a 3500.00 transmission which led to the demise of the thrill of the racecar.

Kalevera
02-10-2007, 11:25 AM
People who know me know that I don't like to make statements against others, let alone in public....but. Think about the facts --

The guy registered in november, then started listing a lot of stuff for sale, then people send him money -- BIG money based on words, a whole bunch of stuff happens to him, and he disappears.

Jeff -- regular member? The guy has no reputation to protect. So it really comes down to whether he's honest.

I feel badly for all of you who've sent money and not gotten anything, but the reality is that it was pretty clear by the end of December that something was wrong. At that point, I would've been doing what could be done to get the money back.

One good reason, as Jeff says, to always buy from people who are known and loved -- Bret Luter, Winfred.

jbraswell
02-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Alright, well I talked to Jeff's friend Chris today and from the sounds of it, we will all be getting refunded. Those who are owed money, PM me and I will give you the proper info.

Jonathan