PDA

View Full Version : E34 front bumper blanking plate

CarQuake
01-22-2007, 12:42 PM
After a minor knock I lost the driver's side front foglight and black blanking plate that sits next to it in the front bumper of my 1995 525i SE. It was dark and the damaged bits vanished into the night.
I managed to get a foglight secondhand but had to order the blanking plate from BMW. Trouble is that the one they showed me looks wrong – I think it should have some air vents in it but it's just a solid black piece. Also, the fittings don't look right.
Anyone familiar with this part enough to let me know what it should look like and advise on how it fits?

John B.
01-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Either one should work but I think the one with the air vents(grill work) looks better. The flat plain ones came stock on my 90 535i & 95 525iT but when I redid the 535i bumper I installed the vented ones & did away with the side lights.

CarQuake
01-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Either one should work but I think the one with the air vents(grill work) looks better. The flat plain ones came stock on my 90 535i & 95 525iT but when I redid the 535i bumper I installed the vented ones & did away with the side lights.

I wonder if the solid plate is for the early E34? My 1995 model is the facelifted version with the wider grille nostrils. Maybe these have the vented blanking plates (the passenger side one is vented so I assume they're the same). Trouble is,only the plain type came up on the parts diagram at my local BMW dealer (Sycamore in Peterborough).

Looks like I'll have to look on Ebay, though sellers there tend to want to sell the complete bumper.