PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Balo/Hawk HPS Street?

Jon K
01-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I just ordered from AutoHausAZ and Tire Rack and here's what I am getting:

OEM Balo Rotors
and
Hawk HPS Street pads

Anyone use this configuration? Scott H recommended it to me - I think I'll be happy.

I currently have Zimmerman cross drilled rotors on all four corners with PBR Metal Masters on all four as well. It stops well, but now my pads are done, i have inspection coming in February and so it's time for new discs and pads.

Anyone have experience with these?

markus
01-20-2007, 05:32 PM
i ahd the hawk pads on my M3 and they were awesome. dirty but the bite was great.

Guapo
01-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Dunno about the rotors, but the Hawk HPS are an excellent street pad. I use them on my Stoptech kit on my 300ZX. Low dusting and low noise, good solid pedal feel. They wont stand up to track abuse, but thats not what they are meant for.

Guapo
01-20-2007, 11:47 PM
i ahd the hawk pads on my M3 and they were awesome. dirty but the bite was great.

I'm curious about that. Was it the HPS or the HP+ that you had? The HPS should be low dusting, but the HP+ is a semi-track pad that produces a good amount of dust.

Jr ///M5
01-21-2007, 07:12 AM
The Hawks are supposed to be a great pad, but require warm up to experience OE cold bite.

I've heard nothing but good about Balo rotors which is about to go on Lori's 525i. I've been trying to get Akebonos for her car (E39). Did you look at them before you made your decision on the Hawks?

JR

Jon K
01-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Jr,

I looked at about 12 pads from Tire Rack, Autohaus AZ, and BMA Auto Parts, Bimmerworld, etc. Bimmerworld had the Akebono pads but my friends and people I've talked to haven't had much experience with them - i mainly went on Hersted's advice regarding the HPS Street as good bite, low dust, and high durability. We'll see!

winfred
01-21-2007, 09:18 AM
balos are pretty good i don't think i've ever had a problem with them yet, had a few bad brembos and a bunch of bad ates (shitty steel)