PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Replacement

Rory535i
04-26-2004, 08:37 AM
While out driving the car the other day i got out only to find a stone had gone straight through the driver's side high beam headlight(uk model). I got a replacement light no problem but i'm having a bit of trouble working out how to remove the radiator grille to take out the old one! Would anyone be able to give me a step-by-step guide as to how to do it, or any advice at all to help with my dilemma! I could put up with it if I was driving a lesser vehicle but in a car like an E34 it's just not acceptable!! Thanx guys

mholbrook
04-26-2004, 08:45 AM
You have to remove the bottom surround and grill piece. To do this, you have to unscrew one screw on top of the radiator piece (hood open should be obvious) and then take a long phillips screwdriver and at each end of the radiator support, just above the headlight, you should see a hole. Down the hole you put the phillips and push on a hidden tab. With another screwdriver and a piece of cloth to protect the fender, pop out the surround on each end. Then use a thin flat blade screwdriver to loosen the four (two top/two bottom) use flashlight to see through the grill kidneys for bottom. This surround comes out revealing two hidden screws for the side grills. Pain in the a** in my opinion but it is a good opportunity to clean everything up and perhaps repaint the surround to get rid of the stone chips.

Rory535i
04-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Ok I'll give it a go, thanx very much. I'd be lost without this message board!!